AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are those on this site that believe they are the site police. They don't get that some previously posted info has become old news and may no longer be valid even if it was valid at its post time. They just don't get it. Most information on this site is opinion and to ask someone to wade through hundreds of post just to try to glean the truth is ludacris.
I've seen this day in and day out here and have finally come to believe its just a group of 12 year olds trying to feel their oats.
Well if you don't like it here plenty of other sites are available lol Dude really I don't have any problems with you or the Op so no hard feelings ect and trust me I was 12 a very long time ago lol and with that I am done I need to get to work so it's been fun debating with yall and goodbye for now.

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Act like what exactly all I did was try to give you some friendly advice as was MontyQ to stop you getting into trouble but Ratatattat decided he wanted to jump in and start trouble. And Ratatattat I fully understand the meaning of the word. Someone who is being pedantic is too concerned with literal accuracy or formality.

I seem to recall you jumping in with the SNARKY comment.
Then making a statement that 16 links = to many years of days which by the way makes your usage of pedantic invalid.
You could have just posted a link to the answer and left it at that.

Last edited by Ratatattat,

NecroPod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
See as a new member who just came here to ask a simple question and possibly have a discussion and get to know some experienced members should feel welcoming and accepted ....this post was far from that

Reactions: Raylene2K7

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I seem to recall you jumping in with the SNARKY comment.
Then making a statement that 16 links = to many years of days which by the way makes you usage of pedantic invalid.
You could have just posted a link to the answer and left it at that.
So what you want me to do is find the link for the op rather than trying to direct him to find it himself then? How is he ever going to learn anything with that approach and what is stopping you from posting said link? Anyway like I said I am done here so bye

Reactions: MontyQ

NecroPod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So what you want me to do is find the link for the op rather than trying to direct him to find it himself then? How is he ever going to learn anything with that approach and what is stopping you from posting said link? Anyway like I said I am done here so bye
Your personal opinion on the actual question would have worked better as that's more of what i was after

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your personal opinion on the actual question would have worked better as that's more of what i was after
Fair point and dually noted for the future like I said NecroPod I have zero problems with you i was just trying to give you advice like MontyQ was to stop this thread getting out of hand and here we are with a out of hand thread lol.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: NecroPod

NecroPod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im here to make friends not enemies dude...just wanted a discussion on the topic. New members would easily get discouraged by responses like MontyQ and frankly in my opinion its a BS way to respond

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im here to make friends not enemies dude...just wanted a discussion on the topic. New members would easily get discouraged by responses like MontyQ and frankly in my opinion its a BS way to respond
All I can say to you is the way MontyQ answered you is the way myself and many others would have answered not saying it's right but that's just how things are done around here. If you think this site is bad you should have been on the wii version of that ISO site we can't mention a few years ago that place was brutal expecially when the wii was on its last legs lol

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This thread is a good example of why it is often easier and quicker to just answer the question in the first place.

USB HDD support requires an IOSU exploit which we don't have yet. This may appear, but nobody knows when so just buy a nice big 128GB SD card.

NecroPod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All I can say to you is the way MontyQ answered you is the way myself and many others would have answered not saying it's right but that's just how things are done around here. If you think thus site is bad you should have been on the wii version of that ISO site we can't mention a few years ago that place was brutal expecially when the wii was on its last legs lol
I was on that site along with the sister sites...and yes the members were brutal sometimes which is BS as it drives new members away

Last edited by NecroPod,
Reactions: Raylene2K7

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In summation, opening a thread is a good idea if you are asking or telling something that opens up a discussion.

Opening a thread generally isn't a good idea if it's only going to require two posts to end the discussion.

It's not a big deal - next time (same goes for other forums), just ask your question in a previously open thread. There's almost always going to be an ongoing thread that's meant for quick Q's and A's.

Reactions: AmandaRose

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm afraid it is an attitude that prevails on this forum. There's an awful lot of aggression towards people asking supposedly simple questions, and people thinking that search function is always necessarily going to reveal the answer. The reality is that these 'simple' questions are not simple for people who don't follow the scene daily, and finding the exact answer you need can be hard given the sheer amount of threads here and amount of pages they contain.

The irony is that the people berating those who ask questions end up 'wasting' more forum space with their overly-critical posts than the person who asked the question in the first place.

helladamnleet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe make a sticky with all these questions already answered. I searched for hours one day and the answer was hidden under thousands of posts about what hard drives the Wii U can use for legitimate purposes. Ya'll are some cocky ass mother fuckers considering only, like, 6 of you know jack shit about modding.

Reactions: Deletedmember331810

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm afraid it is an attitude that prevails on this forum. There's an awful lot of aggression towards people asking supposedly simple questions, and people thinking that search function is always necessarily going to reveal the answer. The reality is that these 'simple' questions are not simple for people who don't follow the scene daily, and finding the exact answer you need can be hard given the sheer amount of threads here and amount of pages they contain.

The irony is that the people berating those who ask questions end up 'wasting' more forum space with their overly-critical posts than the person who asked the question in the first place.

Totally agree.
Not to mention the fact that search does not exclude erronious or old information. I've spent hours reading through the garbage only to find out what I thought was accurate was no longer.

D

Deletedmember331810

Everything gets turned into an argument here... You all are so caustic towards one another while hiding behind anonymity and huge egos.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This question is being asked as much as

How Do I Play DS Game Backups on 3DS without a Flash cart.

At least twice a day.

Reactions: AmandaRose

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys think that the WiiU will support backups loading from external HD anytime soon ?
You can load games off of USB HDD right now.

All you need is to get an SD to USB connection adaptor. It costs about 40-50 bones shipped, you can then plug your SD adaptor into your Wii U then connect your USB HDD to your adaptor. You get extra storage, but you are still limited to SD speeds.

Full USB support can take another year or 4 years or forever. There is no answer "SOON" can be tomorrow can be 10 years later.

Remember full CFW was supposed to be SOON on the Vita, but it will mostly likely never happen. Also full CFW (a9lh) just came to be on 3DS, and that scene has been going on for ages. SOON is tantamount to never in any scene.

Last edited by KSP,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also