Wiisx Problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by AngryGeek416, Dec 13, 2012.

Dec 13, 2012

Wiisx Problems by AngryGeek416 at 7:31 AM (687 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. AngryGeek416
    OP

Member AngryGeek416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Argentina
    Ok im having a issue with a wiisx usb mod if i launch it from homebrew channel it reads off usb fine but if i launch it from usb loadergx it give me the error cant see usb all the time. Can anyone explain to me why this is occurring.? Same thing happens with Wiimc it only see usb when started through homebrew channel.

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    launching homebrew from the loader doesn't grant abhprot access
    But WiiSX mod is using a cIOS instead of IOS58 and ahbprot to get USB access, so I thought it wouldn't matter how you launched it.

Which version of USBloader are you using? did you try different version/revision?
    which version of WiiSX mod?
    are you using the <no_ios_reload/> (or <ahb_access/>) tag in USBLoaderGX meta.xml? (shouldn't matter, but just curious)

For WiiMC, it requires IOS58 and AHBPROT, which is not provided by the loader to WiiMC.
    I guess you have a message telling you that some features are not available when you launch it from the loader?

3. AngryGeek416
    OP

Argentina
    Im currently using USBLGX v1205...but the XML is still from 3.0 is there a place to get a updated xml for 1205? I wil try with 3.0 aswell. As for which version of Wiisx im not even entirely sure on the main Wiisx compatibility site it has links for 4 wiisx mods but none of the links work so i just googled usb02 mod and found one if you have a link to one you know works well that would be great, the forwarder im using has ios58 and ahbprot enabled. <no_ios_reload/> is in the meta xml ive taken it out and tried still no difference. Wiimc does not tell me any error i just cant see my usb if launched through usbloadergx. I think i answered everything to the best of my ability love usbloadergx so i just wanted everything to work through that any help would be great.

Update#1 Ive tried with USBLGX V3.0 and still a no go wiisx will not see usb if launched through the loader.

4. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Thanks you for all these precisions.

I will have to test it myself when I get some time.

5. AngryGeek416
    OP

Argentina
    No problem, Thanks Cyan