Homebrew Wiisx issue

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lately I been making a DVD of psx games to play on wiisx. I read on wiibrew that you can place .isos anywhere on the disc and the emulator would be able to read it. So I placed all of them on root of the disc and wiisx says "Directory could not be found" or something like that. So I tried burning one again but this time in a folder labeled "wiisx" on the root and put the isos in the folder and burn it and still it gives me the same error message. Now I do have DVDX v2 installed on my wii and did it for HB reasons and never had problems reading DVD-Rs as I have a first gen wii. What coujld be causing Wiisx to not be able to read the ISOs on the root or in the folder. Any suggestion or reason why this isn't working? Thanks.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i imagine it might be a missing ios somewhere or the dvd has been burned on the wrong setting, hard to say, you must be one of your first few I have heard of using dvds for this emu

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats because I am a broke guy trying to make it and can't afford a external HDD. I got a 160 gb one from a friend after replacing his with a terrabyte for free. Hard to buy something when all I have is bills to pay so this is why I use DVDs to compensate.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't think i'm mocking you for using dvd's, the option is there to use it so use it by all means. looking more into this for you, apparently you have to write the disc as dvd:/wiisx/isos/

make sure you ain't using any mods of the emulator, just the original version. use the original dvdx2 and if you are on 4.3 dvdx will be deleted at boot, use priiloader to avoid it

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the DVDx version 2 that came with the homebrew channel installer from a couple versions ago (I don't remember the version) and yes, I am using the official release of the emulator (got it from wiibrew) as well. My system version is 4.2 and already have Priiloader installed on the wii for protection purposes. I'll try the path you posted and let you know the results. Thanks for the help and responding! we'll see where it goes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD