WiiSX Beta 2 problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Lokao0, Jul 8, 2010.

Jul 8, 2010

WiiSX Beta 2 problem by Lokao0 at 11:22 PM (7,058 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Lokao0
    OP

Member Lokao0 aka LkProd

Brazil
    I just downloaded WiiSX, i got a Crash Bash ROM, then, I set the controller to WiiRemote + Nunchuk, selected controller type to Analog but, is this normal?
    I can't go Left or Right! Or is it my nunchuk's problem?
    Oh, and when i save it, after using the Menu combo (1+2) this message appears:

Failed to save game.

OK

Help?

2. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    i hate to say it but this beta version has controller issues so i gave up on it.

3. Lokao0
    OP

Member Lokao0 aka LkProd

Brazil
    Yo, Another Problem.
    I have downloaded some ISO's to a DVD, then downloaded WiiSX Beta 2, extracted it to the DVD, loaded WiiSX, but when i click: Load from DVD, it says: Error opening directory "/"

Help?

4. blackshadow

Newcomer blackshadow Newbie

United Kingdom
    @ Lokao0
    the analogue setting it twitchy on many games some it doesn't work altogether crash bash is one of these
    i tested it a few days ago and posted the results on the compatibility list if you use standard layout and use the d pad you shouldn't have no problems but i never tested it with a wiimote so i may be wrong might try it out in a few mins when the TV is free and im not having to wait for a delivery my bro ordered
    if you have a GC controller laying around i suggest using that as it worked best when i tested it

and as for the error opening directory you got DVDx installed i believe DVDxV2 is required for loading through DVD drive

{EDIT}
    never mind tv was free yea just tested it using standard mapping if you use the wiimote on its own you can hold it sideways and it works fine you will have to quickly remap the X[]O part to suit your preference though as [] and triangle are both unmapped originally

5. NewFang

Newcomer NewFang Advanced Member

United States
    I apologize in advance for the noobish question but i've never played the PSX emu before and I thought I'd give it a shot. The new release made me think of a few games I used to play many moons ago and wanted to try it out. Problem is I'm unclear on how to set it up, I've looked around but havent found much instruction on the matter. All folders are setup like other emulators and I assume roms go in the ISO folder on the root. I downlaoded a rom and it has like 2 different files for the game and an image file. I loaded all those files on my SD card in IOS's and clicked one of the files in the emu and my Wii just froze, do I need something in the BIOS folder? Hope that made some form of sense, thanks for any helpful replies.

6. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    depends what type of image file you have downloaded, if it is a bin & cue file, load the bin file, if it is an img file, load the img file and if it is an iso load the iso file. as for the bios file you will need to obtain a playstation bios to put in there, don't ask where to download it, google is your friend. I am not sure about speeds on the sd card but maybe you have to give it a second or two to load the iso.

7. NewFang

United States
    Ok so found the bios and put it in the appropriate folder. As for the roms, what files do I need to have in the rom folder exactly? When I downloaded one and unziped it, it has a few different ones. Some contained Bin + Cue file and image (not unzipped) do I need the image file? On a different rom I unzipped it had a SUB + CCD and image files only. The one with the bin + cue file (twisted metal) started up, (i loaded bin file) but only made past the first playstation boot screen and then I got a code dump. Thanks for any help on the matter. Cheers.

edit - Can you run the roms off the External HD? Because I only have a 4GB SDHC card and these roms seem to take up quite a bit of space and I'm running low on real estate on that card as it is. Thanks.

8. blackshadow

Newcomer blackshadow Newbie

United Kingdom
    yes you can run off of an external hd just make sure its formatted as FAT or NTFS(someone will have to confirm that for me as im not entirley sure NTFS does work with wiisx)

and have a folder on the root of hd in this format

wiisx
    with folder in that labeled isos
    and if you wish to store your saves on the usb drive instead of your sd you can put a saves folder in there too just be sure to set the save location in settings to usb

also if you do use a usb drive i recommend you try out the usb 2.0 a fair ammount of the games that work really benefit from the increase loading speed for example spyro 1 loads but lags on the official beta 2 but on the usb 2.0 mod loads a lot better and is almost if not completley lag free

also at present .cue files i beleav arent required with the .bin format games since as far as im aware there linked to the cdda audio which at present doesnt work anyway(atleast i think it isnt yet again someone will have to confirm that for me)

still hoope that helps ya out

9. NewFang

United States
    Thanks for your reply, some of that made some sense and some of it went over my head. What is the USB 2.0 u are talking about? I'm guessing you mean just loading off a usb stick drive as opossed to my external HD? A bit confused, sry. Also, so the only rom file I should need (put in the ISO folder) to play the rom is the bin file....?? As always, thanks again.

10. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    the usb 2 refers to the device type, usb 1=12mbps, usb 2=480 mbps. the only ISO` file you really need is the bin file yes but i would recomend you keep the cue file just in case it holds more use in a later version of the emulator

11. NewFang

United States
    Ok so I have downloaded the WiiSX beta 2.1 USB2 mod and have put the appropriate folders on my external harddrive. However I'm confused as to where exactly these folders go and how the are setup. I have an apps folder and a wiisx folder on the root of my external drive just like you would on the SD card. Then on my SD card I also have SD:/apps:/wiisx:/(with the boot.dol, meta. etc) inside that folder so it can launch from HBC. However when I get into the emulator and go to settings and try to load bios from USB, or load ISO or anything USB releated it says it "cannot be found". What the hell am I doing wrong? How are these folders supposed to be setup? Also, can this be on NTFS on my external of does it have to be FAT32. Thanks in advance foir any helpful answers.

12. NewFang

United States
  13. mightymuffy

Member mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    Grab the ios 202 installer and get said ios 202 running for your wii to read off an external hard drive... grab the current one needed for the latest version of snes9xgx et al..... blackshadow was talking about the usb2 mod from matguitarist that you can easily find from the big Wiisx thread on here, this will allow the wii to read at usb2 speeds (basically since you're not in the know - usb but faster, lol), grab the latest version he's done as it'll read from either usb port using the installer...

Use fat32 btw, and if it's a partition make sure the fat32 one you're using is a primary one..... if you're still out of luck then try running a different emulator/roms from the usb.... if that doesn't work I'm guessing the wii doesn't like your brand/size of your drive....

14. NewFang

United States
    I really appreciate the help on here, got it working last night aftering making a fat32 partition on my external. The problem was that I was trying to do it off NTFS. Now the only prob is I cant find Parappa the Rapper - J for the life of me! Thanks again to people who took the time out to try and help me with this.

15. StupidGamer1

Member StupidGamer1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hate to beat a dead horse and all but I used hackmii 0.6 to install DVDX V2 and I got the "Error Opening "\" Directory" On this emulator when loading from DVD. Do ISO,IMG need to be in a folder on the DVD or can they be on the root. Thanks.

16. unused_bagels

Newcomer unused_bagels Newbie

United States
    I'm having the same problem, just error after error of "couldn't read /wiisx/isos" or whatever it says. It doesn't even try to open my usb drive...