WiiScrubber ... wtf ? It won't even start...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Distrance, Dec 5, 2008.

Dec 5, 2008
  1. Distrance
    OP

Member Distrance GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    So what the hell ? .. I downloaded WiiScrubber, extracted to my desktop and tried it. It says I might not have the priviledges to launch the program. If I try to move/delete the file, it says it's in use or might be protected... so W T F ?

2. afif95

Member afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Malaysia
    That's because, either your files are corrupted, or you don't have privilege, as in, you must right click the exe and click on run as administrator

3. Distrance
    OP

Member Distrance GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    It was actually neither. Thanks to the selfish bastards distributing this program ( EVEN on Gbatemp download page ), the package does *not* contain key.bin file and thus the program can not run. I found a package containing key.bin generator, and after the file was created it all worked like a charm.

... Now I just need answer to my next topic that I already created wether it's safe to install updates from WAD's or not... since I do not have Wi-FI..

4. afif95

Member afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Malaysia
    okay i'll answer that too.
    And congrats coz the thing already works

5. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Mate, are you getting angry at the the person that put up the download because they didn't put in the common-key.bin. The reason is that it is illegal to post a link to that file. Dont blame the author. If you had read up on it before hand you would have come across this issue.