WiiScrubber deletes bits in an ISO

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rpdm, Sep 10, 2009.

Sep 10, 2009
  1. rpdm
    OP

Newcomer rpdm Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi,

I'm trying to do some texture-hacking of Mario Kart Wii and am running into problems.

If I burn the original (PAL) ISO to a DVD-R it runs fine on my DriveKey-mod'd system.

If I run the ISO through WiiScrubber, and extract an szs (e.g. rainbow road) and then put the *same file* back again, the ISO will no longer work - I get 'an error has occured...' on the Wii.

A file compare for the before/after ISOs shows several areas early on that appear to get deleted by WiiScrubber - e.g. at F8002C4. Originally there appears to be data there (possibly code), but after WiiScrubber has done its bits it's all '00's.

Am I missing something? Is WiiScrubber designed solely for NTSC ISOs?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

2. Dack

Member Dack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I take it you know that putting data back into a disc uses the trucha signing bug and as a result the disk will then be fake signed.

0xf8002c4 is in the middle of the ticket and tmd area of the second partition on the disc which is where the signature will be changed.

Sounds like you haven't got a 'trucha enabled' ios.

3. sr_corsario

Member sr_corsario GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Wiiscrubber re-write fst.bin in order to give new values for data offsets. In case you modify a file, it place your modified file where it fit and give new values to fts.bin. Moreover... Shrink partition will move all your data on your partition... for instance... its possible where you had data now its 00 or FF or opposite.

You could try to extract all partition and regenerate it with partition builder... and test for changes...

Good Luck

4. rpdm
    OP

Newcomer rpdm Newbie

United Kingdom
    Many thanks for the comments. I had assumed that by having a drivekey installed it would eliminate the need for a different IOS.

I've now installed a different IOS and it's all working fine.

Thanks!

5. nicksasa

Member nicksasa GBAtemp Maniac

Belgium
    what version of wiiscrubber are you using ?