Wiiscrubber 1.3 confusion

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Stardotstar, Aug 31, 2008.

Aug 31, 2008

Wiiscrubber 1.3 confusion by Stardotstar at 7:58 PM (1,890 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Stardotstar
    OP

Newcomer Stardotstar Member

United Kingdom
    I am trying to work through Dack's "How to Use", so far without success. I have a couple of NTSC images which include updates, as my Wii is PAL I clearly don't want to run them.
    Wiiscrubber shows 3 partitions, O - info, 1 - Update and 2 - DATA. Which partition do I modify?

I realise that all my images have this structure, whether they carry updates or not so I suppose it's not just a case of deleting the update partition.

Anyway I have tried scrubbing with Trucha but not sure which partition to use to I tried 1 and 2 (separately). All seems ok till I get to "update scrubP1.bin to ScrubP5.Bin" as my newly generated replacement files are "scrubP1 and ScrubP3". I have replaced just these 2 of the 5 in my image but I think this is wrong.

Finally the instruction is to "sign when Trucha prompts", well I would love to - if it ever does!
    I guess this will be simple after the 1st time, but for now what am I missing??

2. Dack

Member Dack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Best way to remove the update:

Right click on the update partition and choose delete partition from the pop-up menu. It will then remove it from the partition table on the disc.

The Trucha scrub has pretty much been outdated these days as I was trying to use Trucha to mod disc at the time. All you really need to do is choose the FF option and hit scrub.

Trucha discs do not work post 3.3 without playing while the normally scrubbed discs still work.

3. Livin in a box

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    Just download Brick Blocker and use that.

4. lolsjoel

Member lolsjoel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Usually I hate it when people give alternate suggestions... but as Dack has already answered your question, I thought I'd throw an alternate out there.

Install the StarFall hack that blocks discs updates. That'll cover you.

5. moquette

Newcomer moquette Member

China
    Starfall is only for 3.2U, isn't it ? He said he has a PAL Wii....

I will give you my alternate also [​IMG]

Use WUM : http://wum.talevas.com