Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have not problem making it work in W10 but i have a probably dumb question, is there any way to connect the controller again without the need to "remove the device" and pair it again?
With bluetooth stack you could just search for it more easily...
This is an annoyance, but no you have to remove the device every time.

I'm still having no luck with WiinUPro or Soft, I even went out and bought a BT dongle with no luck :/
Have you tried applying any of the hotfixes?

Hello, may I know if there is any update for the wiiupro for phones? as I had an android phone and couldn't pair without a code.
Nothing yet. If it requires a code to pair that kinda sucks, because the pairing code is the MAC address in reverse which has to be converted from hex to actual characters.

magpte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Nothing yet. If it requires a code to pair that kinda sucks, because the pairing code is the MAC address in reverse which has to be converted from hex to actual characters.

Is there a way to get the MAC Addr. for it? I had a laptop(win10) which contains the BT fuction. (software name will be ok.)

Qwertystop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installation seems to work fine, but connection either isn't working or I'm expecting it to do something it doesn't.

Running Windows 10 Home. Installed WiinUSoft 2.1.234 (tried both with and without the extra driver, same result). Downloaded no-Toshiba hotfixes. Hotfixes 1 and 1b, controller doesn't show up. Hotfixes 2 and 2b, controller does show up but then there are problems: Clicking "Identify" does nothing I can see. Clicking "properties" brings up a properties menu, but when the contents are saved the program throws an error "Object reference not set to an instance of an o" with a stacktrace. Whether or not I say to send the log, or even if I close the window, WiinUSoft then crashes. If I click the Xbox-logo and select a controller... absolutely nothing appears to happen, and as far as I can tell the controller is not then usable (unless there's some other config I need to do afterwards that I don't know about). Also, if I right-click the controller picture and select a different controller, nothing happens.

If it matters, sometimes when I connect the controller the lights never stop flashing, and sometimes they stop very quickly. The above results don't appear to change based on that, Also, ability to connect the controller is inconsistent - sometimes it hangs after I click to enter the lack-of-a-PIN, sometimes it connects.

Oh: If I instead install the latest WiinUPro, it displays "No Wiimotes found in HID device list", opens a small empty window for a blink, then closes itself.

Last edited by Qwertystop,

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to get the MAC Addr. for it? I had a laptop(win10) which contains the BT fuction. (software name will be ok.)
Yes, but when the hex values are converted to characters they are usually ones that are not type-able on a keyboard. In Windows, once the controller is connected you will have to find it in the device manager (unless using the Toshiba Stack, then you can just right click the device to get the details) double click on it, go to the details tab, and set the drop down to "Associated Enpoint Address"

Installation seems to work fine, but connection either isn't working or I'm expecting it to do something it doesn't.

Running Windows 10 Home. Installed WiinUSoft 2.1.234 (tried both with and without the extra driver, same result). Downloaded no-Toshiba hotfixes. Hotfixes 1 and 1b, controller doesn't show up. Hotfixes 2 and 2b, controller does show up but then there are problems: Clicking "Identify" does nothing I can see. Clicking "properties" brings up a properties menu, but when the contents are saved the program throws an error "Object reference not set to an instance of an o" with a stacktrace. Whether or not I say to send the log, or even if I close the window, WiinUSoft then crashes. If I click the Xbox-logo and select a controller... absolutely nothing appears to happen, and as far as I can tell the controller is not then usable (unless there's some other config I need to do afterwards that I don't know about). Also, if I right-click the controller picture and select a different controller, nothing happens.

If it matters, sometimes when I connect the controller the lights never stop flashing, and sometimes they stop very quickly. The above results don't appear to change based on that, Also, ability to connect the controller is inconsistent - sometimes it hangs after I click to enter the lack-of-a-PIN, sometimes it connects.

Oh: If I instead install the latest WiinUPro, it displays "No Wiimotes found in HID device list", opens a small empty window for a blink, then closes itself.
What's happening is that the programs are failing to talk to the controllers. Using WiinUSoft 2.1 vanilla or hotfix 1a/b or WiinUPro is configured so they try to do a quick ping to each controller before displaying it. Hotfix 2a/b shows all of them regardless if they can be spoken to or not. So we need to focus on the bluetooth connection.
You want the lights to continue blinking and never stop. If at any points the LEDs turn off you may have to re sync your controller to a Wii U.
Windows Bluetooth sometimes hangs when I hit next, sometimes I hit cancel instead, and sometimes it fails anyway, this is all because Microsoft's bluetooth is garbage. They also have it so you have to remove the controller before you can re-connect it again.
2 things you can try is a USB bluetooth dongle or try installing the Toshiba Stack.

Qwertystop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's happening is that the programs are failing to talk to the controllers. Using WiinUSoft 2.1 vanilla or hotfix 1a/b or WiinUPro is configured so they try to do a quick ping to each controller before displaying it. Hotfix 2a/b shows all of them regardless if they can be spoken to or not. So we need to focus on the bluetooth connection.
You want the lights to continue blinking and never stop. If at any points the LEDs turn off you may have to re sync your controller to a Wii U.
Windows Bluetooth sometimes hangs when I hit next, sometimes I hit cancel instead, and sometimes it fails anyway, this is all because Microsoft's bluetooth is garbage. They also have it so you have to remove the controller before you can re-connect it again.
2 things you can try is a USB bluetooth dongle or try installing the Toshiba Stack.
Currently using a bluetooth dongle. Will try Toshiba stack tomorrow and report results.

Results:
Tried to install Toshiba stack. No matter what I did, could not get Windows to stop automatically reinstalling the Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator, Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator, and Broadcom BCM20702 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Device. Toshiba seems to have installed - I get the blue-and-red in the tray, and Bluetooth RFCOMM with a lighter blue in the Device Manager, but it doesn't detect the dongle.

However, when I re-tried the connection with the Windows stack:
With fix 1, it appeared to work (Identify made it buzz and changed the lights; could select to use as XBox; configuration stuff did not crash).
Then I realized that I was going to need a B fix because I want to play Dark Souls. Closed, changed the fix to fix 1b. Controller doesn't show up.
Tried 2b. Same situation as the start (appears as unknown, cannot be set to use as XBox or identified).
Tried 2, just to be thorough. Showed up as unknown, but Identify worked, but clicking to use as XBox made WiinUSoft crash.

Ideas?

EDIT: Connected with fix 1... Controller lights correct player-light for what I connect it as. WiinUSoft calibration appears successful. Works in Shantae: Half Genie Hero. Does not work in Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (game acts as though controller does not exist).

Last edited by Qwertystop,

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently using a bluetooth dongle. Will try Toshiba stack tomorrow and report results.

Results:
Tried to install Toshiba stack. No matter what I did, could not get Windows to stop automatically reinstalling the Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator, Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator, and Broadcom BCM20702 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Device. Toshiba seems to have installed - I get the blue-and-red in the tray, and Bluetooth RFCOMM with a lighter blue in the Device Manager, but it doesn't detect the dongle.

However, when I re-tried the connection with the Windows stack:
With fix 1, it appeared to work (Identify made it buzz and changed the lights; could select to use as XBox; configuration stuff did not crash).
Then I realized that I was going to need a B fix because I want to play Dark Souls. Closed, changed the fix to fix 1b. Controller doesn't show up.
Tried 2b. Same situation as the start (appears as unknown, cannot be set to use as XBox or identified).
Tried 2, just to be thorough. Showed up as unknown, but Identify worked, but clicking to use as XBox made WiinUSoft crash.

Ideas?

EDIT: Connected with fix 1... Controller lights correct player-light for what I connect it as. WiinUSoft calibration appears successful. Works in Shantae: Half Genie Hero. Does not work in Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (game acts as though controller does not exist).
So if you wanted to get the Toshiba Stack to work, since it did install, you can go to the device manager and 'update' your device driver for your dongle and manually choose the toshiba driver.

Good to hear that fix 1 is working. Fix B is not working for you because of your version of Windows. After a certain security update, it broke the functionality to get exclusive access to the data stream (which hides it from Dark Souls). There are two ways to fix this.

1) Windows search for "View installed updates" and uninstall that security update (though I don't remember the KB#), but then you'll have to stop the Windows Update service so it doesn't re-install.
2) Open the Device Manager and under Human "Interface Devices" you'll have to disable one of the controller drivers that allows for "Nintendo RVL-CNT-01-TR" to show up in your USB game controllers. Do this while connected in WiinUSoft, as disabling the wrong one will crash the program.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried using the soft version today, but can't get the controller recognition working on win 8.1. Whenever I try to pair my controller with the bluetooth stick I'm using it asks for a PIN and won't let me skip the process without entering one. I tried 0000 and 1234 and in both cases the pairing failed.

Does anyone have a solution for the PIN problem?

Tried Toshiba Stacks as well and it mentions a remote-HID not being ready or something lke that so that doesnt work either.

Last edited by LysergCooltyp,

Yoru-Seishin

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi KeyPuncher,

I have found a new way to successfully sync the WUPC to the PC, btw you should gather the 3 methods in a FAQ because there are too many people with the issue! just a suggestion BTW!

Ok so I dont have a wiiu so the other option for me was mashing buttons, didnt work.

What I did was:
1 - Use express method to sync the controller
2 - Press the sync button on the joystick
3 - Wait until the toshiba program shows a list of the blue tooth devices
4 - In this screen wait for the flashing blue lights of the joystick to stop
5 - As soon as they stop, click next and fullfil the process
6 - Wala, the joystick syncs 100% of the times now

Now, I just have the issue that WiinUSoft is bugged when it tries to work with uPlay and For honor game, the computer starts to slow down to a unusable state and suddenly after a lot of wait WiinUSoft crashes.

It is 100% WiinUSoft causing this issue, since I can play the game just fine with keyboard or SCP drivers on my PS3 controller.

Xinput + WiinUPro is not an option either they just dont work with the game.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: KeyPuncher

Jazzist

Trophies
XP
Country
Halp. WiiUnPro is not finding my controller but WiiUnSoft does. What could be it? I'm using W10 and its built-in Bluetooth drivers, WiinUPro Beta 7.1 (64-Bit) and WiinUSoft 3.0

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Halp. WiiUnPro is not finding my controller but WiiUnSoft does. What could be it? I'm using W10 and its built-in Bluetooth drivers, WiinUPro Beta 7.1 (64-Bit) and WiinUSoft 3.0

I don't no the solution but try toshiba stack. toshiba is so much better than the in build bt. on the in build one I need to pair and unpair anytime I use it and I need to remove and add the controller in wiinunsoft every time. on toshiba I just click on connect and open wiinusoft and everything works automatically.

Last edited by gohan123,
Reactions: Jazzist

Jazzist

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't no the solution but try toshiba stack. toshiba is so much better than the in build bt. on the in build one I need to pair and unpair anytime I use it and I need to remove and add the controller in wiinunsoft every time. on toshiba I just click on connect and open wiinusoft and everything works automatically.
Link me to it please. Didn't find it for W10 last time I checked.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by EclipseSin,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried WiinUPro with an NES Classic Edition controller. It's detected as a Classic Controller Pro, which the controller itself is.
Here's the problem. It thinks all of it's buttons are being pressed.

I also tried the controller with Wiimouse, where just one time, it worked properly, with it's inputs detected just right. But mostly it doesn't work properly, where it thinks all of it's buttons are being pressed.

I even tried the controller with GlovePIE. It works, but whenever I press Up, it thinks I'm pressing both Up and Left, but if I do press both Up and Left, it think I'm just pressing Up.

EDIT: I got it working via GlovePIE. It now works with both WiinUPro and Wiimouse.
In GlovePIE, run a script that uses the Wiimote, stop running it, then open WiinUPro or Wiimouse. You'll see that the NES Classic Edition controller works correctly as intended.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Solution in the works.

Hi @KeyPuncher , I'm not sure if you're are still active here, but I had a problem that I couldn't find a way out myself.. Used my Original Wii U Pro Controller for the first time with WiinUPro yesterday. All that I did was Connect it, add a Xinput Device, enable ramble, and turn the first led light off (so it didn't bother me during gameplay at night).
I played Dolphin with it, with no problem. After some time, I closed WiinUPro, and disconnected the controller from the pc. Here I noticed something weird already.. ..before, by pressing some buttons with the controller disconnected, the controller's lights would blink, now nothing happens if I do so (they only blink now if press the sync button).
I tried using the controller again, in the same manner as I did yesterday, but it didn't work as it should. The controller connects to the pc (but the first led still stays off), WiinUPro recognizes it, and connects with it, but when I get in the controller's tab, it shows no controller image, so I can't test the buttons.
The emulated xbox360 controller that it creates doesn't recognize my button presses (got the same results with WiinUSoft)

I tried reseting the controller multiple times already with no luck ...I hope that the controller didn't brick in my fist use :( well, hope you can help me a bit somehow (I'm on Win7, but I can test things in win10 if needed). Thanks

Edit: I saw that some people with similar issues got it back working after syncing it with a Wii U. I don't have an Wii U (and since I moved, I don't have access to one anymore)..
Seems like something in the process of "connecting to pc/using controller/disconnecting" have corrupted the wii u pro controller's eprom chip or something? Maybe what the Wii U does during connection with the controller is to set the eprom data back to default through bluetooth.. if so, can a pc do the same? (there's also the short-circuit method that some people use to reset eproms, but I'm not sure if a short circuit would do any good to the eprom here, since the reset button isn't fixing it already)
Hope that there are ways to fix it..

Last edited by Walker D,

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can set it to auto assign controllers and load a profile. it can be set to load on boot (and auto minimize as well).

then, after you have paired your controllers, you just have to press the power button and they'll connect

BrunceCamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greedy mode doesnt seem to be working for me with Wiinusoft on windows 10
trying to play Dark souls with a wii pro controller with this and it is not liking it

Shawshank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi everybody,

I like this tool (WiinUPro 0.9.7) very much, but I have some troubles for using it :-(
So, I would like to request the community assistance...

First, I don't understand what is the 'Shift State' (None, Red, Blue, Green). Can someone explain me what is the goal and how it is working please ?

Second, I think I found a bug when using the official Nintendo WiiU classic controller Pro (manufactured by PDP, not the one manufactured by Hori) with Cemu :
1. in the input configuration panel, When I am using my bluetooth Wiimote alone, the controller appears in the dynamic select menu. so I can assign the buttons.
2. When I am connecting the Hori WiiU classic pro or the official Wii classic controller, WiinUPro dectects it correctly and it is still appearing in the Cemu dynamic select menu, so I can assign the buttons.
3. When I am connecting the PDP WiiU classic pro (model Metal Mario), it does not appear in Cemu dynamic select menu. in WiinUpro panel, it is detecting the controller, but when I am pressing a key, nothing is displayed in WiinUpro.

Note, that I have 2 different Bluetooth stacks installed (Toshiba and Microsoft) and it is reacting the same way with both.
I also have 2 different Bluetooth receptors (1 broadcom and 1 intel) and it is reacting the same way with both.
For the record, I am using Win10 1709.

EDIT : Note that I am never using the WiinUpro 'Sync' button as it is always displaying 'Failed to pair' (Same result on Win7 with MS bluetooth stack only) with both my bluetooth receptors and both bluetooth stacks. So I am using Win10 pairing menu or Toshiba one.

EDIT2 : After a bit more tests, note also that I have 2 kinds of Wiimotes (both RVL-CNT-01 models, but 1 with Motion Plus included) and 2 units of Metal Mario PDP classic controllers and I am observing the same behavior with each.

Any idea from someone please ?

Last edited by Shawshank,

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, I just have the issue that WiinUSoft is bugged when it tries to work with uPlay and For honor game, the computer starts to slow down to a unusable state and suddenly after a lot of wait WiinUSoft crashes.

It is 100% WiinUSoft causing this issue, since I can play the game just fine with keyboard or SCP drivers on my PS3 controller.

Xinput + WiinUPro is not an option either they just dont work with the game.

Any suggestions?
Might be pulling too many resources for some reason, strange that it doesn't happen with anything else. To confirm, try brining up the task manager before starting the game and keep an eye on WiinUSoft's CPU usage.

Greedy mode doesnt seem to be working for me with Wiinusoft on windows 10
trying to play Dark souls with a wii pro controller with this and it is not liking it
Yeah, Greedy mode stopped working after a Windows 10 update a while back. I don't have any current fixes for using it with Dark Souls. I know there's some tool out there that changes the controller order for direct input applications, that might help.

First, I don't understand what is the 'Shift State' (None, Red, Blue, Green). Can someone explain me what is the goal and how it is working please ?

Second, I think I found a bug when using the official Nintendo WiiU classic controller Pro (manufactured by PDP, not the one manufactured by Hori) with Cemu :
Any idea from someone please ?
Shifts states are like the Fn key on a keyboard. Using a shift state allows you to map a button to different actions depending on what state you are in. For example if you have A mapped to the 'E' key normally, but while L is being held to enter the red shift state the A key is instead mapped to the spacebar.

Unfortunately I am unable to assist with the alternate controller issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans