Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KeyPuncher do you think there's a way to automate the connecting process, maybe after you've done it once? I got my Wii Remote paired permanently to my PC (using CCPRO), but I still have to use a mouse to select the vjoy joystick and click on the UI button everytime. I'm building a Retroarch setup so I'd like to avoid having to do that, but I don't know if it would be hard to implement or anything. I thought maybe it would be possible with commands via a .bat file or something

probablygay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance I can use my Wii U Pro Controller on my computer without Bluetooth? Tryina play some emulators and my usual controller is packed away .

ColinMacLaren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,

I really like your program. Wii U Pro Controller is basically the only modern controller available that has a decent D-Pad. I just donated a couple of bucks. However, I have a wierd problem:

Wii U Pro is not recognizing the Axes of my vJoy devie and only 8 buttons, no matter what I set in vJoy. Wenn I select Joystick axes the dropdown field is just blank with none available. It also offers only 8 buttons, no matter what.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U Pro is not recognizing the Axes of my vJoy devie and only 8 buttons, no matter what I set in vJoy...

This is a strange phenomenon with vJoy that behaves a little differently for everyone. Thankfully vJoy allows up to 16 devices, to fix your issue try targeting a different vJoy device in the configuration settings. Device 1 tends to be broken for most, but 2 or higher might work just keep targeting until you find one that works.
And I'm glad you like the program, thanks for the donation and check your email for the WiinUSoft Alpha which ties to Xinput!

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was just wondering... the other day, vJoy was surprisingly updated to 2.0.4. If I uninstall my current vJoy and reinstall with this one, the program will still be compatible, right? Or, on another note, will the xinput release be out soon enough that I shouldn't even bother?

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was just wondering... the other day, vJoy was surprisingly updated to 2.0.4. If I uninstall my current vJoy and reinstall with this one, the program will still be compatible, right? Or, on another note, will the xinput release be out soon enough that I shouldn't even bother?

Since it is a minor version change (2.0.3 -> 2.0.4) it should still work. I didn't see anything on needing to update the SDK.
I can't really estimate a timeframe for the next release with xinput, but I'm hoping it won't be that long.

TPIRFanSteve

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been covered already, but I'm having trouble getting the Toshiba Bluetooth stack installed on my machine. The installation goes largely as it's supposed to, but once I plug in the dongle, it seems to automatically install the generic Microsoft stack, and I can't figure out how to make that not happen. No matter what I do afterward, there doesn't seem to be a way to finish installing the Toshiba stack, even though the installer seems to think it's worked. I've been messing with this for the better part of a day, and I'm about at a loss as to what to do. If it helps, I'm doing this on Vista. Any advice would be appreciated.

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
"Sorry if this has been covered already"
But its already 2/3 of the entire thread. Please read the thread. The search function works fine.
The last 0.5/3 is vjoy, and the last part is whatever and "it works".

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just donated to you, waiting for xinput support! Keep up the good work

I appreciate it! Just sent you the WiinUSoft Alpha. I've got what I think will be the base interface down for the what's in the works now, the colors are just not right yet. Once I connect that up to it's functionality you'll be getting another to try out.

Sorry if this has been covered already, but I'm having trouble getting the Toshiba Bluetooth stack installed on my machine. The installation goes largely as it's supposed to, but once I plug in the dongle, it seems to automatically install the generic Microsoft stack, and I can't figure out how to make that not happen. No matter what I do afterward, there doesn't seem to be a way to finish installing the Toshiba stack, even though the installer seems to think it's worked. I've been messing with this for the better part of a day, and I'm about at a loss as to what to do. If it helps, I'm doing this on Vista. Any advice would be appreciated.

The rules for Plug & Play might be slightly different for Vista. I haven't tried it out on that OS so there isn't anything specific I can think of right now. After I get the first releases of WiinUSoft and WiinUPro I'll be studying more on writing Windows drivers that will hopefully lead to a solution on using the default bluetooth stack.

ortsov004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

The same happened to me and I had to modify the INF files of the toshiba driver (tosrfusb.inf) to include the device ID of my Bluetooth device. Then unistall the device and then choose to install the device using the folder of the Toshiba BT stack

DiglidiDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I made an account to tell you that I'm impressed by your work. WiiUSoft's amazing, I feel like my donation was worth it!
I've tried it with all the Assassin's Creed games, and they all work perfectly with it... although the 3rd somehow forced a very generous deadzone for the sticks, which made it's precision ramp up like a logarithmic expression on a chart.

Reactions: KeyPuncher

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made an account to tell you that I'm impressed by your work. WiiUSoft's amazing, I feel like my donation was worth it!
I've tried it with all the Assassin's Creed games, and they all work perfectly with it... although the 3rd somehow forced a very generous deadzone for the sticks, which made it's precision ramp up like a logarithmic expression on a chart.

Thanks, I'm glad you are making good use of it.
Strange that only number 3 does that. Eventually you will be able to change the joystick settings for the Pro Controller as can be done in the WiinUPro beta7 and probably some options for configuring the XInput joysticks too.

aflamingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2dax8xu.png

Anyone knows why this is happening? It's supposed to be like this:
http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu347/r0b0tr0n/wiinupro.png

aflamingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I allowed to bump this thread? It's almost on the second page and I still haven't found the solution to my problem.

aflamingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I allowed to bump this thread? It's almost on the second page and I still haven't found the solution to my problem.

I accidentally posted the same thing twice and there is no option to delete my post, sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5