Wiimote unsyncing with loader GX, please help.

kkostelnik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently homebrewed my wii, set up custom IOS and USB Loader GX. Everything was working fine, and my wii controller was working for gamecube games. I played around more with installing some things and now my wii controller disconnects as soon as I open gamecube games. It turns off and then all the squares turn blue and the controller is unresponsive. I've seen that the solution is to reinstall the cIOS, but I tried that and it didn't work. Any suggestions?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it a original Wiimote or a fake one? Fake ones causing issues like disconnecting by using a USB Loader. They use a different bluetooth protocol thats not 100 % compatible.

GC games dont need a cIOS. Nintendont (?) uses only IOS 58, it will be reload by using USBLGX as main Loader. If using USB Loader GX 1272 set the loader ios to 58 for testing reason.

Which version of USBLGX and Nintendont (?) do you use?
Which SysMenu version you are? 4.3 is latets which installs latest IOS58.
What happens running GC games by Nintendont through homebrew channel?

Which dx2 patch for the cIOS on the Wii do you use? dx2 beta52 v10 is recommended, not the beta53-alt.

Last edited by Sypherone,
Reactions: jeannotte

kkostelnik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it a original Wiimote or a fake one? Fake ones causing issues like disconnecting by using a USB Loader. They use a different bluetooth protocol thats not 100 % compatible.

GC games dont need a cIOS. Nintendont (?) uses only IOS 58, it will be reload by using USBLGX as main Loader. If using USB Loader GX 1272 set the loader ios to 58 for testing reason.

Which version of USBLGX and Nintendont (?) do you use?
Which SysMenu version you are? 4.3 is latets which installs latest IOS58.
What happens running GC games by Nintendont through homebrew channel?

Which dx2 patch for the cIOS on the Wii do you use? dx2 beta52 v10 is recommended, not the beta53-alt.
Original Wiimote

USB Loader GX version 3.1.1.1278 Master
Nintendont version 6.490

using dx2 beta52 v10

The weirdest thing is that is fixed itself, but the next time I went to play the wii, it wasn't working anymore. Now it the remote just bricks out again
Post automatically merged:

Original Wiimote

Nintendont version 6.490

using dx2 beta52 v10

The weirdest thing is that is fixed itself, but the next time I went to play the wii, it wasn't working anymore. Now it the remote just bricks out again
I'm not sure what sysmenu I'm using. I followed a tutorial when I first installed everything to install the cIOS.

I did it using

dx2 beta52 v10
base 57
slot 249
version 65535
&
dx2 beta52 v10
base 56
slot 250
version 65535
&
dx2 beta52 v10
base 38
slot 251
version 65535

per the instructions. It was working fine until the controller stopped being recognized on gamecube games

Last edited by kkostelnik,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you having the controllers*.ini located in a folder named "controllers" at the root of your USB device?

Did you disabled in Nintendont the Adaptive Control or whatever it's called?

Nintendont version 6.490
Latest Nintendont version is 6498

Are you using the Wiimote connected with Nunchuck? Else the Wiimote only will be disconnected.

Latest offical release is 3.0 v1272

This is normaly a behavior if its a fake one, so best verify.

I'm not sure what sysmenu I'm using.
By doing a Syscheck it will be displayed.
Your Wii dx2-beta52-v10 cios setup Slot 249(base57) / 250(base56) / 251(base38) looks good.

I followed a tutorial when I first installed everything to install the cIOS.
This is our recommended uptodate guide https://wii.guide/

Did you tryed?
Do you totally desynchronize your wiimotes and resynchronize them with the wii ??

wiimote synchronization ==>https://en-americas-support.nintend...~/how-to-sync-a-wii-remote-with-a-wii-console

There seems also exist somewhere a alternativ version of Nintendont related to other thread about same problem

Last edited by Sypherone,
Reactions: jeannotte

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fake ones causing issues like disconnecting by using a USB Loader. They use a different bluetooth protocol thats not 100 % compatible.
They might work better with my builds as I've fixed a few bugs for Wiimotes and controllers.

Latest offical release is 3.0 v1272
Actually, my fork was promoted the official version. It's what you'll get if you download the loader through wii.guide or the Open Shop Channel.

When I release the next update older versions of the loader from SourceForge might prompt you to update to my release.

Reactions: ber71 and Sypherone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I'm not doing ok, everywhere I go I see sex