Not open for further replies.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Actually, I guess this is based on retro-engineering the Wii-DS connectivity system, and probably sends fake-signed games (the ones you can get via the "Downloadable" thing-majiig option in the DS system menu) to the DS.

But since the DS's RAM is just 4MB, I can't see entire games being "streamed".

hackotedelaplaqu

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Rydian said:
You can already emulate DS games on a PC, and there's already a DS emulator for the Wii.
http://code.google.com/p/desmumewii/

Mens you misunderstood my words.

It's not talking about ds emu on PC but dumping ds demos and loading them back directly to the ds via the wii channel.

Since you can convert and load demos this way. Maybe you can also convert full (very small) roms.
It could be of great interest for nds homebrew sending without linker.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
LoL, just use google translator. With this you can dump DS demos from the Nintendo channel and convert them with payload2NDS to NDS files, which can be launched with a flashcard. This has nothing to do with piracy at all, lol.

Also you can send dumped DS demos, that arent available for download anymore to an unhacked DS system. Yes you can play DS demos again and again without a flash cart.

ADD:

QUOTE said:
Since you can convert and load demos this way. Maybe you can also convert full (very small) roms.
No, any rom available is at least bigger than 4 MB.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
LoL, just use google translator. With this you can dump DS demos from the Nintendo channel and convert them with payload2NDS to NDS files, which can be launched with a flashcard. This has nothing to do with piracy at all, lol.

Also you can send dumped DS demos, that arent available for download anymore to an unhacked DS system. Yes you can play DS demos again and again without a flash cart.

ADD:

QUOTE said:
You could trim them I think...but then it wouldn't work as the signing would be messed up I guess.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:

ADD:

QUOTE said:

WRONG. I know for a fact that the Japanese Lode Runner DS was 4MB untrimmed.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ThePowerOutage said:
If this works it could open up holes in the DSi...
Yes now we can send signed NDS mode binaries to the DSi. Score.

Note: We can already run unsigned DSi mode binaries on the DSi via DSiLink or whatever that hack WinterMute released was called. This would be of less use than that, even if it could be made to run unsigned DS binaries, because they'd still be in DS mode, as Download Play on DSi is only for DS mode stuff AFAIK.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought it ran in DSi mode.
Plus haven't you heard of a rom hack?
And trial and error.
Forgot about DSiLink. Someone should pick that up.
* can't wait to learn c *

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ThePowerOutage said:
I thought it ran in DSi mode.
Plus haven't you heard of a rom hack?
And trial and error.

Yeah, I've heard of both those things. Won't allow you to sign a NDS binary though. ROM "hacks" will break the signature on the ROM, and it won't load via any method that requires a correctly signed binary. Flashcarts can run unsigned binaries (hence they can run homebrew, and indeed their own kernels), so that's why patched ROMs work there.

rosebunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still having problems every time it gets to the bit it starts making the .bin files it says elfins.exe crashed. I have all the necessary packages installed.
Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...