WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
I have a ntsc-j to pal converted wii and recently had it 6-wire wiikey2 installed...

At the modder's place, we tested the wii with pal games and they worked as expected... Then at home I tested some ntsc disks which were recently working with the backup launcher... they don't even get identified by the system, disc channel displays a question mark... I never experienced this with d2c pro modded previous ntsc-us wii, pal games were being detected normally and to play those gecko os or freeloader was sufficient most of the time...

And some ntsc games are not problematic but most of them is..

By the way I updated the wiikey2 to the latest firmware with the update blocker, I have also starfall installed... fiddled with both the wiikey2's configuration and starfall yet I couldn't find the problem...

I tried to downgrade the wiikey2's firmware, thinking it could be the cause, it doesn't let me... it has some kind of downgrade protection...
And the last question is : Wiikey 2 Rescue Disc v1.2 at http://www.wiikey.cn/resources/ here, could this be used to downgrade the wiikey2 firmware?

Johnny_V

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That is weird... I have a PAL Wii modded with Wiikey2 on a Wii-clip v14 and all the games I have work fine.
The only ones that gave me problems are those I burned on crappy media.
Have you tried different brands?
Oh, and burning at low speeds DOES improve reading. I used to burn at 8x or even more and got many DRE's.
Now I just use Ridisk or Verbatim at 2x and not a problem since.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm I checked Starfalls features and if I see it correctly it isn't 100% Wii region free, yet. And the compatibility of all modchips is at abotu 70% region free, so you'll have to use GeckoOS for now.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Slowking said:
Hmm I checked Starfalls features and if I see it correctly it isn't 100% Wii region free, yet. And the compatibility of all modchips is at abotu 70% region free, so you'll have to use GeckoOS for now.

Well the problem is not the game freezing, the game disc doesn't get identified which results in gecko os as "no dvd" expectedly... (please eject the disc refer to the help and troubleshooting error)
I don't think it's a problem with the scratched disk or media since those were playable just one day before I got the wii chipped...
Strange thing is,

1. PAL games using the same media never have the problem
2. Most of the NTSC games has this problem though some of them work

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Slowking said:
Are you sure you have turned the region patching of the Wiikey off?

Of course yes!

What I'll try to do today,
1. Burn and use recovery disc of wiikey2
2. Use old config disc on it, I hope it'll work I guess recovery disc is for this...

Maybe new firmware's update blocker feature (though I disabled it) messing things up

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Well I've tested mario kart pal today, it doesn't get identified yet after cutting power and turning on it does get identified and works...

Also tested another game that is not working this way and it worked too... But it sucks of course removing the power cable everytime to make it work...

Still I'll test initializing the wiikey2 config after using recovery disc..

edit: well I burned and tried recovery disc, it doesn't get identified... it seems there is a problem with my wii's wiikey2 installation regarding region free support...

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The recovery discs doesn't get identified. That's it's thing. The wiikey snatches the code from the drive-cache, without the disc being recognised by the system

Did you screw anything around in AnyRegionchanger by any chance?

Johnny_V

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You have some serious issues with your wiikey 2. When I told you before that everything was working on my wiikey2 I forgot to tell that I have the chip soldered on to a wii-clip v14 with all the "wires" soldered to the clip. Also, to unlock region free I inserted an own region original wii dvd, after that everything worked, and still is, fine.
Don't know what to say, you should probably take your wii to a shop where they can check if anything is wrong with your chip.

BTW, is it original? I've seen some people get errors with cloned wiikey's...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Slowking said:
The recovery discs doesn't get identified. That's it's thing. The wiikey snatches the code from the drive-cache, without the disc being recognised by the system

Did you screw anything around in AnyRegionchanger by any chance?

Readme in the recovery disc says system will not permit the disc to eject... Since I expected it to be a gc disk like the config discs... It seems I overlooked the fact that it actually didn't allow me to eject the disc... tonight I'll make another test

QUOTE(Johnny_V @ Nov 20 2008, 01:10 PM) You have some serious issues with your wiikey 2. When I told you before that everything was working on my wiikey2 I forgot to tell that I have the chip soldered on to a wii-clip v14 with all the "wires" soldered to the clip. Also, to unlock region free I inserted an own region original wii dvd, after that everything worked, and still is, fine.
Don't know what to say, you should probably take your wii to a shop where they can check if anything is wrong with your chip.

BTW, is it original? I've seen some people get errors with cloned wiikey's...

Well it's profesionally modded actually... but that first inserting an own region original disc step we missed... I'll retry it using the rescue disc... and using a pal original disc afterwards... I hope it works that way...

inuyasha09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for being off topic but how did you chnage u region from ntsc-j to pal I need to do the exact same thing
so I know what I'm doing... lol thanks and I suggest you take it to ur modder to see if he/she can get it working.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
inuyasha09 said:
Sorry for being off topic but how did you chnage u region from ntsc-j to pal I need to do the exact same thing
so I know what I'm doing... lol thanks and I suggest you take it to ur modder to see if he/she can get it working.

It was 3.1J beforehands...

1. Installed homebrew channel using the installer disc (Modchip was setup to be in region NTSC-J)
2. Using anyregion changer changed all relevant fields from japan to europe... saved the settings....
3. Using semi-brick fix pal disc did an 3.2 update (Modchip was setup to be in region PAL)

The modchip used during the process had jumpers for region settings so your mileage may vary...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
inuyasha09 said:

It was 3.1J beforehands...

1. Installed homebrew channel using the installer disc (Modchip was setup to be in region NTSC-J)
2. Using anyregion changer changed all relevant fields from japan to europe... saved the settings....
3. Using semi-brick fix pal disc did an 3.2 update (Modchip was setup to be in region PAL)

The modchip used during the process had jumpers for region settings so your mileage may vary... I used the disc for update since there was no wireless connection in the place I did all this stuff...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE