Hacking Wiikey V2 - Installed but DVD drive not loading/working?

Mysteriouskk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have installed a few wii modchips before, but for some reason the dvd drive doesn't turn on or load any discs on this D2C wii.

The light on the wiikey turns red when I turn on the system, and I have tried using two different wiikey v2 that I have, but they both end up with the same result. If I remove the wiikey, then the drive works normally, so I'm thinking that something either must be wrong with my drive and wiikey together or something.

I have also checked the wires, and everything looks like it touches the right points. Anyone know why the dvd drive won't turn on if the wiikey is attached?

When I turn it on, the red light on the wiikey turns on but stays red forever. It doesn't flash blue or anything.

ricky23i

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mysteriouskk said:
I have installed a few wii modchips before, but for some reason the dvd drive doesn't turn on or load any discs on this D2C wii.

The light on the wiikey turns red when I turn on the system, and I have tried using two different wiikey v2 that I have, but they both end up with the same result. If I remove the wiikey, then the drive works normally, so I'm thinking that something either must be wrong with my drive and wiikey together or something.

I have also checked the wires, and everything looks like it touches the right points. Anyone know why the dvd drive won't turn on if the wiikey is attached?

When I turn it on, the red light on the wiikey turns on but stays red forever. It doesn't flash blue or anything.
maybe ur installing the chips for a different drive type

D

Deleted User

u screwed up the soldering....
unfortunately happened to me. it may just be the points, if so just fix them up.
maybe u were realy tired aand happened to get some on the chip itself...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over