Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

Wiikey Update delayed, and delayed again

"We will post the update as soon as it is delivered to us by the developers."

wiikeylogo.gif

The Wiikey team have responded to annoyed fans via the official website. The update scheduled for release on the 15th still has not been released six days after the provided date. There have been many cries of fake afoot as some believe the Wiikey team have run off with their money and were never intending to release an update.

The biggest problem here is not wild suspicions like that but rather a lack of communication with the team that results in these suspicions in the first place. The team has broken the silence on the update but provides no alternative release date.

Wiikey Team said:
Quite a few people have contacted us and expressed disappointment over that the update has not been released yet. We would like to apologize for this. Please bear in mind that development work always take time, and we are will post the update as soon as it is delivered to s by the developers.

Go back to playing whatever you were playing, this may take some time.

icon11.gif
Wiikey Homepage

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought it'll take some time when I read the wiikey teams response. So much for the update being ready and taking 1 week to test. It wouldn't be too bad if they listed all the features the new update was going to have.

dazinith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
why is it a big deal if an update is delayed if noone knows what the update will accomplish anyways? there is no need for an update just for the sake of an update is there?

is there any idea what is to be added, or what people want added?

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Team Wiikey have never been on time....Remember before the wiikey came out...
"We're shipping next week"
One week later...
"Oh no, wait....Next week!"

These messed everyone around at the start, what made you think they'd be any better from then on?

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
why is it a big deal if an update is delayed if noone knows what the update will accomplish anyways? there is no need for an update just for the sake of an update is there?

is there any idea what is to be added, or what people want added?
I think a lot of people just want the GC audio fix.

All this "improved region free" sounds like nonsense to me, but we'll see.

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No complaints here. The WiiKey plays all my current backups just perfectly fine; so I don't mind waiting for an "update", since I doubt I would benefit from any of the declared changes.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is strange. First they "received positive news from the developers. The long-awaited upgrade to wiikey is basically finished". And now this...
wink2.gif

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uh.. i made the exact same thread in the Wii hardware section... plz delete it, and that was posted yesterday, on the 20. Please fix the post Opium to 5 days instead of 6 (although i don't know why i care so much)

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Uh.. i made the exact same thread in the Wii hardware section... plz delete it, and that was posted yesterday, on the 20. Please fix the post Opium to 5 days instead of 6 (although i don't know why i care so much)

6 days for me due to my timezone. I only saw the thread you made after I posted this on the portal. Your thread was made today.

I live in the future, what are you going to do about it?
biggrin.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My Wiikey plays all the games I've burned so far so I can't complain.
Sure an update would be nice, expecially if one day I find a game that doesn't work but could be fixed, but really there are lots and lots more priority in my life than the Wiikey update.
When it's ready it's ready, I'm sure it will be on the front page and I won't miss it.
Until then, I got better things to do then crying and bitching around.
gba.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL