WiiKey update 1.9g released

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm thats wierd :S Someone on Blackcats confirmed that it worked on JAP wii with 3.1 firmware :S
Did you use brickblocker?

Cocytean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, didn't use brickblocker, have the two duplicate channels now, for NOTHING! Balls! Anyone want to buy a Japanese wii?

ricadoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
It works!

Tested on Jap wii with v3.1 firmware.

wiikey update still has woman's ass. Finishes with words 'restart galaxy'. Ha!

May I ask something? Have u updated to wiikey 1.9b earlier? Can I update directly to wiikey 1.9g without updating to 1.9b? So, which mario galaxy are u playing? the japan version or the us version which was the earliest being released? Thanks

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what is this metroid trick everybody is talking about. I`ve used the search function but I still got no answer.

Could someone please tell me what it is?

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sweeeeet! glad i didn't stay up all night!
biggrin.gif

ricadoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
what is this metroid trick everybody is talking about. I`ve used the search function but I still got no answer.

Could someone please tell me what it is?

Metroid trick was used earlier when wii (pal) and (japan) version want to play Metroid (us) version. The trick was to allow it to update 10-15% (around 15 seconds) and unplug the wii. By doing so, we can prevent having double channel. It works as I've done that also. So, the issue now is does the same technique works for mario galaxy.

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wll, I think its like this:

You burn 2 copies of SMG, one copy is fine and clean while the other has Brickblocker on it.
Then you put in the CLEAN copy of SMG and it will ask for a update, let it update and wait till the update is about 10-15% finished. Then quickly turn your wii OFF! Now put in the BRICKBLOCKED SMG disc and PLAY!
biggrin.gif

btw DOES this work with Galaxy? :S

maddk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't have a connection on my wii... it's currently on firmware 2.2U is there any problem if I update my wiikey to 1.9b than to 1.9g and then to the SMG update???

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Metroid trick was used earlier when wii (pal) and (japan) version want to play Metroid (us) version. The trick was to allow it to update 10-15% (around 15 seconds) and unplug the wii. By doing so, we can prevent having double channel. It works as I've done that also. So, the issue now is does the same technique works for mario galaxy.

Thank you for your quick answer.
grog.gif
I had no idea. So there was a way to prevent the apearing of those to extra channels. What a pitty, because I already have those two because of mp3...

Hopefully it works this time with SMG as well but that`s not the topic here I guess
unsure.gif

skaarj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can CONFIRM that the 10-15% plug, Metroid Prime trick WORKS, 3.1E, NO DUPE CHANNELS, PLAYING THE GAME NOW!

biggrin.gif

Oh, and no semi bricking whatsoever either.

lozislove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I only woke up not long ago and the first thing I did was check the WiiKey website. I had such a strange feeling there'd be some kind of news. And I was right! This is so awesome. Go WiiKey!

I can' t wait to try Galaxy. But grrr my dad is on the computer and I have to wait for him before I can even download it. *cries* luckily our connection just became fast again.

Oh well. Excited though.
smile.gif

ricadoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

Thank you for your quick answer.
grog.gif
I had no idea. So there was a way to prevent the apearing of those to extra channels. What a pitty, because I already have those two because of mp3...

Hopefully it works this time with SMG as well but that`s not the topic here I guess
unsure.gif

From the ones I read, those who had double channel earlier will not be affected by mario update. But for those who don't have, they'll have double channel after updating using mario. Of course this only apply to those non us wii play mario (us) version

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
AWESOME, i was expecting a update next millenium, now i will wait for the PAL release of SMG so i don't get dupe channels.

LOL. My thoughts exactly.

That is the funniest thing about the SMG pre-release and impatience with the Wiikey update... Now that it is all possible I don't really want those dupe channels so I am prepared to wait.
rofl2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.