WiiKey Update 1.99 Beta Issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by sonknuck23, Jun 20, 2010.

Jun 20, 2010
  1. sonknuck23
    OP

Member sonknuck23 Mighty Switch Force >

Canada
    I've been having this issue with Gamecube games lately. I think it's my burner, but whatever. Anyway, the issue is that they wouldn't load properly, I'd get DRE's, and black screens, etc.

Now, I for some crazy reason, thought the new WiiKey update would help! So I gave it a shot. Now, absolutely NO gamecube games will load. Retail, burnt, ones that used to work, and even ones I burn to this day. I get a black screen, and the wii just flickers, and resets back to BootMii and then to the system menu.

Any idea what to do?!

2. Rocco Savadgie

Member Rocco Savadgie GBAtemp Regular

No problems here. Everything works perfect. Perhaps you are trying to run PAL games on a USA console? Remember you have to run the setup disk after upgrading the firmware and enable region override again.

3. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    Setup disc doesn't run either. Nothing runs. And the game is NTSC.

4. jservs7

Member jservs7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Puerto Rico
    son, do you have any Preloader hacks applied? Maybe one of the Gamecube specific hacks might be affecting your discs. (A region free one perhaps?)

5. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Yeah, I remember this happening some weeks ago to an user, told him to remove all the hacks (it actually was the GC Region Free one) and after that it worked [​IMG]

6. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    But the thing is before I updated my Wiikey everything worked, I just kept getting DRE's.

After updating, now it wont work at all. It just refreshes back to Bootmii. (And yeah, I disabled all the priiloader hacks. Doesn't help.)

7. jqwest

Newcomer jqwest Member

United States
    well if you were getting dres before the update than you got a laser on the way out might be time to invest in usb loading or a new laser