Hardware WiiKey Update 1.99 Beta Issues

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been having this issue with Gamecube games lately. I think it's my burner, but whatever. Anyway, the issue is that they wouldn't load properly, I'd get DRE's, and black screens, etc.

Now, I for some crazy reason, thought the new WiiKey update would help! So I gave it a shot. Now, absolutely NO gamecube games will load. Retail, burnt, ones that used to work, and even ones I burn to this day. I get a black screen, and the wii just flickers, and resets back to BootMii and then to the system menu.

Any idea what to do?!

Rocco Savadgie

Trophies
XP
Country
No problems here. Everything works perfect. Perhaps you are trying to run PAL games on a USA console? Remember you have to run the setup disk after upgrading the firmware and enable region override again.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
son, do you have any Preloader hacks applied? Maybe one of the Gamecube specific hacks might be affecting your discs. (A region free one perhaps?)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
jservs7 said:
son, do you have any Preloader hacks applied? Maybe one of the Gamecube specific hacks might be affecting your discs. (A region free one perhaps?)
Yeah, I remember this happening some weeks ago to an user, told him to remove all the hacks (it actually was the GC Region Free one) and after that it worked
smile.gif

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But the thing is before I updated my Wiikey everything worked, I just kept getting DRE's.

After updating, now it wont work at all. It just refreshes back to Bootmii. (And yeah, I disabled all the priiloader hacks. Doesn't help.)

jqwest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if you were getting dres before the update than you got a laser on the way out might be time to invest in usb loading or a new laser

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.