Wiikey U preorders will open soon!

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun fact: Google bases its results and suggestions on your previous search history. If you searched for a lot of torrents and pirated content and Google knows this, of course it will come up with suggestions like those. Just look at that piracy :O
And that's not even mentioning the stupid crap people search in google that then adds to the autocomplete. I was googling "how to clean a washing machine" and some of the auto corrects were "how to wash a bong" and "how to have sex."

Reactions: digipimp75

Oxybelis

Trophies
XP
Country
That's only true for catridge games on the 3DS, the Wii U games are pressed on bluray discs, having each and every disc to use a unique per disc ID would be way too expensive and unpractical to manufacture.
Each game however has its own key/id per game (and not per disc).
PS3 discs does have unique serials I think. There are some cross buy discs you can register on PSN to get digital copy of a game on PS Vita. I'm pretty sure it only works on 1 account.

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
PS3 discs does have unique serials I think. There are some cross buy discs you can register on PSN to get digital copy of a game on PS Vita. I'm pretty sure it only works on 1 account.

PS3 discs do not have a unique per disc id. (I actually dumped several RAW PS3 disc data (not talking about game files here) and the bluray drive's firmware so I can confirm as much. The value stored in the Seczone is unique per game, not per disc. (obviously it's not the same if the game region is different though)

Oxybelis

Trophies
XP
Country
PS3 discs do not have a unique per disc id. (I actually dumped several RAW PS3 disc data (not talking about game files here) and the bluray drive's firmware so I can confirm as much. The value stored in the Seczone is unique per game, not per disc. (obviously it's not the same if the game region is different though)
How do they verify cross-buy discs? You can register it on several accounts?

And I remember Starforce discs with serials inside the disc iso header. It was not unique either?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How do they verify cross-buy discs? You can register it on several accounts?

And I remember Starforce discs with serials inside the disc iso header. It was not unique either?
I know the Portal 2 PS3 game just has a code in the box that allows you to redeem the PC version, the crossbuy games may work like that.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
there's a rumor we won't even need the wiikey. in 1 of the release infos it says to play backups ode devices are mandatory! :wtf:

"ODE devices wont be mandatory for playing backups. Is anyone
ready to code a game loader yet ? How bad do you people want
the exploit to get the party started ? Leave us a message
through a public note along with bitcoin donation. If you want the
hack go public, we better see some donations because this shit is
burning a hole in our pocket."

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Fun fact: Google bases its results and suggestions on your previous search history. If you searched for a lot of torrents and pirated content and Google knows this, of course it will come up with suggestions like those.

Serious fact: Clean your browser history completely, incl. super cookies, change your IP (use a proxy server) and use google again. You'll have exactly the same auto-complete suggestions. :creep:

Starlored

Trophies
XP
Country
The piracy debat makes me laugh really because it has been going on for YEARS. Certainly since the invention of tape recorders and even more so with the invention of Tape to Tape recorders.
I remember as an 11 year old copying Speccy games borrowed from mates.Hell it was my Grandad he showed me how to copy games.

Anyway for the Percentage by what I've found its nearer 75% or 3 out 4 people. Having said that define Piracy (it's against the copyright law to profit from another persons intellectual property (book, music, video, etc.))

Reactions: Subtle Demise

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll never understand why the antipiracy people even come here. Granted, not everything related to hacking and such is piracy, but most of it is. Its fine if you disagree, but nobody wants your antipiracy bs

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said that piracy is the ONLY factor for a consoles death, in case of the Wii U, that already has more than enough problems, it really could be the final nail in the coffin.

:rofl2: 1-3 % ? ... in these days?! This is what i say to your 1-3%: Conversely, there's no substantiated evidence that only 1-3% of the users are pirates. :creep:

1-3 % ... from what RELIABLE source are these values? If you type a consoles name into google.com, the first or second suggestions from google are the console name + "hack", "custom firmware", "homebrew" or "emulator".

Depending from the system i would say: 20-30%.
Geohot kept analytics and was able to show that only about 2% of iPhone were jailbroken.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Really, you'd think with the amount of anti-piracy threads we've had just on this site that we'd have a clear winner by now, or at least a true figure representing the proportion of pirates.
Surely after all this time we're not still just all pulling bullshit numbers out of thin air to support our already tired and baseless theories on the subject ?

95% of people on this site are pirates but only 11.43% of them admit it. 23% of other users know that, 7% of the time.

Reactions: digipimp75

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password