imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would say that this is one of the 'bigger' forums when it comes to wii modchips (among other things) and if I were part of the Wiikey team, and i saw myself losing public interest, i would panic, and at least give the public an excuse. Some people are easily satistfied with lies. Everyone (originally) was like "okay, all we have to do is wait until around the 15." Now, over 15 days after that apparent lie, people are upset. They could lie again, but doing so would bring down their reputation. I would just say a date, and post up whatever i have by then. And then let people complain how buggy it is and say, "Oh. Don't worry. We're working on that."

Please note: its about 1:20 AM here, and I haven't been able to stay awake for this long in a long time, so i don't think its really me at the computer right now, but a tired, delusional, possibly caffinated and sugar-filled figure of me, typing away.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
fair enough!

nelson-haha.gif

Bilbotorm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah. I do not like what wiikey s doing, but rating down this chip is kinda risky... They are so many card/chiip reviewed here with false promises...

What you gonna do here ? ..?

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since you guys are changing scores and such. The DSLinker review needs a much HIGHER score. The DSLinker (And N-card and such) are WAAAY better then before.

The DSLinker and N-Card are at least on par with the R4 and G6DS and EZFlashV

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This makes me glad I held off of buying the wiikey, otherwise i would've been left out in the cold.

I bought a WiiKey and I don't feel like I'm left out in the cold. I might have to get a different chip later on, but for the time being there's tons of Gamecube and Wii games that I can play.

That being said, I'm a huge shooter fan, and I never owned a Gamecube, so I was really looking forward to playing some Ikaruga. This update delay is really pissing me off in that regard.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you correct reviews after a time you should take another look at the R4. Most of the homebrew should work by now.
wink.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I liked how they passed the buck to the developers. They were meant to have the update and beta testing it. It makes you wonder if the update ever existed in the first place and it was just an excuse to sell more wiikeys.

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
I liked how they passed the buck to the developers. They were meant to have the update and beta testing it. It makes you wonder if the update ever existed in the first place and it was just an excuse to sell more wiikeys.

I'm not sure where that rumor got started but I can tell you with 100% certainty that NO ONE was given any beta version.

In response to GBATemp's bold move, I have also lowered the WiiNewz review score.

If it is any consolation, I suspect we'll be hearing from the Wiikey Team sometime this week.
wink.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I liked how they passed the buck to the developers. They were meant to have the update and beta testing it. It makes you wonder if the update ever existed in the first place and it was just an excuse to sell more wiikeys.

I'm not sure where that rumor got started but I can tell you with 100% certainty that NO ONE was given any beta version.

In response to GBATemp's bold move, I have also lowered the WiiNewz review score.

If it is any consolation, I suspect we'll be hearing from the Wiikey Team sometime this week.
wink.gif

Excellent, thank you for the support xiaNaix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since