Wiikey forgets settings on re-boot?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Veloxi, Sep 12, 2008.

Sep 12, 2008
  1. Veloxi
    OP

Member Veloxi GBAtemp Regular

Iceland
    Wiikey is installed and works flawlessly. Using 1.9... not sure which letter follow the 1.9, and not really sure how to check, either.

Anyway, I put in the Wiikey Config disc, go to Wiikey settings, turn "Allow Disc Updates" ON, hit SAVE SETTINGS, it takes me back to the main menu of the Wiikey Config.

Now, I reset the console. When the console boots up, I insert Super Mario Sluggers (contains the 3.3U patch), and nothing happens. No update takes place. I take out Super Sluggers, put the Wiikey config disc back in and boot it up.

Open the Wiikey settings, and "Allow Disc Updates" is set to OFF... I JUST TURNED IT ON. I NEED TO UPDATE!

Is this a known bug? or wtf is going on?

2. fly_us

Member fly_us GBAtemp Regular

United States
    read my answer about stupid wiikey config disc in previous thread yet?

And about the Sluggers, when i put it into my 3.2U, it asked for update. But when put into another 3.2U Wii, it won't ask anything [​IMG].

Maybe you wanna try with semi brick fixed disc first, if cannot then use Wii Update Manager to put 3.3U update to another game. Google for both of them.

3. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    The config disc settings will always show a default "off". The config disc does not read the current settings from your modchip.

4. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States

Stupid disc?
    Its a stealth chip guys....that's the point.