Wiikey 2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mcjones92, Nov 21, 2011.

Nov 21, 2011

Wiikey 2 by mcjones92 at 2:30 PM (559 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. mcjones92
    OP

Member mcjones92 Forest Fam

United States
    I kinda fell off the Nintendo bandwagon and switched to Xbox 360 in the last year or so. I still have mad respect for nintendo but I feel like they aren't producing the games that fit my style anymore. However, I have played every Zelda game to date. I used to know everything about the mod chip and hacking scene but since I got an Xbox I haven't really been up to date. My question is: Will a burned backup of Skyward Sword work with my slightly outdated Wiikey 2? I just got the WM+ as well so I am not worried about that.

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    If you update from the disc, the game should work, but you might loose your region free feature. And the chip might need an update, or else you get 001 errors. (the new 001 error is the same as in SSBB and Mario Kart, but an updated version. It needs a proper fix, while some old modchips/firmwares use a quick and dirty method to fix the 001 error => works for old games, but not new ones)

3. mcjones92
    OP

Member mcjones92 Forest Fam

United States
    I am not particularly worried about the region free feature because I only play NTSC games. I just don't want to update my Wii from the game and have it screw up the Wiikey 2 all together.