Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
b1gjo3 "This is my first donation to the community. Using this application that I call Wiifno you can view your system menu version as well as its ios version, save game titles and their versions, downloaded channel titles, game channels, and hidden channels.

I hope this is useful for those interested in finding more out about their wii.

More homebrew by me is on the way, so be on the lookout"
smile.gif

>>>DOWNLOAD

memorris

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank you b1gjo3 i am looking forward for more Homebrew from you this is exactly
what i have been looking for thank you.
and thank you djdynamite123 for posting this.
grog.gif

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hmm, i asked for a link to the list of saves and their titles (as in RZDP = Zelda TP PAL) but no one responded so i guess i'll copy my question here in hope someone will answer.

i've got a folder in the '\private\wii\title' bit called '73584150' whats that about? i was thinkin somethin like Guitar Hero World tour data or something...

then in \private\wii i've got a DATA folder which has another folder which says sXAP (in full \private\wii\DATA\sXAP) and it has bin files which are numbered from 000, 001, 007, 008, 009, 013 and 017. the first 2 are 16Kb and 32Kb then the rest are in the 23Mb region, any clues about these?

breakdaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the source code available? This does the same thing as bushing's Title Lister (which I use), except bushing's program is much better. This wiinfo doesn't properly show the names of the IOSes, they are missing.

bushing's Title Lister is also better because it lists all of the Wii's nand in TitleID order.

The only thing going for wiinfo is the "press A" feature, and the use of the Wiimote. So, it's a start, but needs work. I'd like to see something like this write the info to a text file on an SD card. Keep trying...

bushing's Title Lister - WiiBrew wiki page, with link to download: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_Lister

Yes, the compiled title_lister binary is an elf, and is the old type that is not compatible with HBC9, but you should be able to convert it to a dol
, if not just add this: CODE$(OUTPUT).dol: $(OUTPUT).elfto the Makefile under the:
#---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# main targets
#---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
heading, compile, and you will generate a .dol that can be run by HBC9. Just wiiload it over or throw it in a directory under the apps directory. It is always optional to add a meta.xml, and an icon.png, the apps with no meta.xml just end up at the far right on your HBC list on the screen.

EDIT:

@Brian117 - NO! Why not read more carefully, or better yet TRY the thing and SEE what it does, like I did, takes about 30 seconds to do it, probably as fast as making a post, sorry to be harsh, but come on man!

@Mikeyt1998 - This may help you with clues to some: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_database I Googled and found this: http://www.wiisave.com/gamecodes/index.php I know this doesn't answer everything, but I hope it helps.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for both of these apps.... I was wanting something like it... I thought the only way to see some ios info, etc. was any title deleter...
I still have trouble understanding what the ios's and cios's actually do...but I do know that it is the key to alot of these hacks to be able to function.

Can I just you that .elf to .dol app or do I have to do it the way you mentioned?

Nevermind... .elf to .dol worked perfect!

Thanks everyone.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'd like to see a app that can tell what drive chip you have this would be very useful as i'm thinking about installing a mod chip but i guess it's a bit point less since i got crack it open to install it anyway.
it be neat to see none the less if that is even possible.
great work though kinda like anytitledeleter with out the deleting.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
i'd like to see a app that can tell what drive chip you have this would be very useful as i'm thinking about installing a mod chip but i guess it's a bit point less since i got crack it open to install it anyway.
it be neat to see none the less if that is even possible.
One word......."Impossible" would be good having it to show up, but wont ever happen, unable to show what chip you have installed lol.....
biggrin.gif
Time to open that dam wii

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IronMask said:
I still have trouble understanding what the ios's and cios's actually do...but I do know that it is the key to alot of these hacks to be able to function.

in an overly simple expanation:
-IOS is your system files, akin to on a Windows System, they would be roughly what you'd find in the "system32" folder
-wii app's, official or un-, run off of IOS, sometimes in a fashion as if they were an ".exe" and often even just as simple as a "shortcut" on your desktop (think channels, obviously)

the sysmenu itself can be thought of an ".exe" and everytime someone bricks, they're essentially getting some variation of "the required .dll file is missing/corrupt/wrong size" error message

to get more in-depth:
IOS is full of things that interact with the Starlet SOC (system on a chip). it has wii drivers, distinctive read/write access (among other things syscalls can do), and interacts with the hardware (which is how the custom dip modules/plugins are integrated to allow backups)...they are, in effect....the "active" Wii. You come at your wii through IOS (or customIOS), at this time. newer IOS releases have gotten more complex, and "parts" of IOS are reused and distributed the same among all the IOS wads, while others are tweaked or added to add new functionality or executions.

for one final point, I'll move back to the simple,
a lot of people wonder what dol/elf files and/or channels do...

answer:
they basically poke IOS in the belly, and say "Hey, You, can you do this(/these things) for me right now?"
IOS does the lifting, while the dol's out there just come up with ideas they can't do themselves.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I see a little better, thanks. I figured the .dol's and .elf's to be the .exe's though... so bascially we are manipulating the starlet with ios's already there and custom ios's as well?! I know I am still somewhat noob to this... I don't know if I will ever get into the coding part of it though.. I am sure to some of you...this decompiling and editing these sources may be easy to you.. I wouldn't really know where to start with a source code using that devkitpro application on my pc... but I think the more I learn about the basics of what they do... I can atleast halfway follow your conversations in these more invovled threads..

I am actually a pretty quick learner... I was messing around with the banner editing tools and so forth.. but the way you guys are "bricking" wii's.. at the moment with xmas around the corner.. i can't afford to mess up and then have to buy a modchip and risk really fucking up my system... I mean I have soldered shit before.. but my eyes and steady hand is like a bull in a china shop some days... hehe...

you should of seen me soldering in the jumper to just make my LED stay on when my Wii is powered up... looked like a blind man on 2 pots of coffee... hehe.. but I did do it! LOL

Thanks for the intel on this.. I am sure it helps others that won't admit that they are new to this whole thing as well. ... I am a bit risky at times.. I think I have successfully edited 3 channels with no problems... but I was nervous as hell when it came to testing time...

speaking of... I still haven't forgotten you dynamite... Just had a lot going on... arguing to my girl about bill's and xmas expenses... and work... maybe I will take another stab at it after I get this White linux installed correctly on my Wii... I am very excited about that... I have a keyboard hooked up to it now...

Just trying to find something in Windows to partiion my FAT16 SD card for the dev/sd/# or what not...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so...