Hacking WiiFlow Ultimate Customization Tutorial

UUDDLRLRBA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find that there is a bit of lack of a guide for the newest WIP features of wiiflow. I figured I would start a thread and update this first post. Bare with me as it might take some time for me to get this together. I myself am confused on some things. I will do my best to take your posts and add them into this first post.

Wiki's
WiiFlowWiki4: https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/

Downloading WiiFlow
Stable Versions Page: http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/
Stable Versions Download Page: http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/list
Beta Versions Page: https://code.google.com/p/open-wiiflow-mod/
Compiled Beta Versions Download Page: http://www.caseyomah.com/wiiflow/

Installing WiiFlow
prerequisites
must be softmodded
must have d2x installed in slot 249 with base 56 and slot 250 with base 57 using either d2x-v8 Final or dx2-v9-beta(r49)FIX
*ref

Installing WiiFlow
Extract contents of latest stable release to the SD card.

Contents should look as follows:
Code:
/apps/wiiflow
boot.dol
icon.png
meta.xml

Installing Beta Version of WiiFlow
Extract the contents of the latest beta version. It should of contain a boot.dol file. Replace the stable version of boot.dol on the sd card with the beta version of boot.dol.

Plugins
"WiiFlow Plugins are mostly homebrew emulator apps modified to be used by WiiFlow and return to WiiFlow. One exception is Mplayer-ce used for movies. They come with the modified dol and matching plugin config file (.ini). Some come with matching sounds played when selecting a game. The advantage to using the plugins is being able to use WiiFlow's coverflow interface to browse your emu games and movies using their covers and having one app to launch them all." *ref

Installing Plugins
Download the latest plugin pack and extract the contents of the compressed file to the sd card.

The structure of the extracted files should mimic what should be on your sd card:
Code:
/
apps
wad
wiiflow

Download any "updated" plugin packs, replacing the appropriate files on the sd card with the newer ones. These packs only contain a few updated files to replace. They do not contain all of the necessary plugin files and directory structure.

Install the WiiFlow hidden channel with the wad-manager of your choice, such as Multi-Mod Manager. "This hidden channel is needed for the plugins to properly return to WiiFlow." *ref

To use the Mplayer CE plugin, you will need to be sure the app Mplayer CE is in your /apps/mplayer-ce/ folder. To use the emulator plugins, you only need the plugins provided. You do not need to download the full app separately.

Source Menu
coming soon

Missing From This Guide
Magic numbers explained
Themes - installing and creating
How to have a generic cover displayed for titles missing a cover

Latest Update
11/25/2012 Short update. Will do more another day. 1 thing per day.

UUDDLRLRBA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!
You can find all "coming soon" stuff already in WiiflowWiki4
as for the "custom missing covers" stuff all info can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/open-wiiflow-mod/source/detail?r=776

let me know if you need more info :)

Thank you! I will be sure to include that info when I have enough time to test it myself.

Hopefully this will help people who don't really wish to install premade packs. I don't use or have roms for 16 different emulators. So it's nice to be able to easily set it up your own way.

toss01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to list all the games in one coverflow style menu instead of having to switch between modes? (Wii and GC games?)

UUDDLRLRBA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to list all the games in one coverflow style menu instead of having to switch between modes? (Wii and GC games?)
I am pretty sure there is. I've seen it in a youtube video. I'll look into it in the next few days if no one else replies. Been busy getting read for Christmas. Doing everything early. Possibly Sunday will be my next wii day to continue things here. Thanks for being patient!

TheSly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Same question here... :-(
Could You find a way to show all games in one coverflow (without changing sources)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?