Hacking WiiFlow refuses to load NTSC games

Lanthro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had it working just fine up until I decided I wanted to load a PAL game. Now, the PAL game is the only one that will run no matter the settings I have WiiFlow configured to. I've tried clean installs of 4.1.3, however, to no avail. Didn't have this problem with earlier versions of WiiFlow, and by earlier, I mean back in 2010 when I first did this, decided an upgrade was in order for full controller compatibility and the nicer menu options. Any suggestions?

Lanthro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll start with that.

As far as I know the important stuff to know is that I'm running Wii 4.3U (NTSC native which is what perplexes me so), upgraded from Wiiflow 2.2 to the most recent, installed a Fix94 forwarder, and I'm using Hermes 224 in slot 222 to keep future updates from overwriting it, though 4.3 is probably the last one according to service cancellations, but that doesn't stop some of my games that I run from disk from wanting to overwrite it anyway.

The problem that I'm most likely going to have is that it will play one region or another as that's what got me here in the first place. When I played one PAL game, PAL became all that loaded. The load bar goes 1/8 the way across the screen before black screening and doing nothing for all my NTSC games, but all PAL games work fine.

Lanthro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, tried the clean up and didn't work. Was afraid I'd need d2x installed. Sad day. Thanks for the help! Should I uninstall Hermes as well? Or should I simply overwrite it with d2x? Last time I installed things in 249 and 250 my disks wanted to "fix" it.

Lanthro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, just as I thought. Installed d2x in 249/250 and my real disks want to update and erase. Hermes seems to be the only way I can play the games I have on disk and play the backups I have on HD. Which means I need to just stick to Wiiflow 2.2 until this gets sorted for Hermes or something new can be done that doesn't prompt 249/250 to be "fixed".

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, just as I thought. Installed d2x in 249/250 and my real disks want to update and erase. Hermes seems to be the only way I can play the games I have on disk and play the backups I have on HD. Which means I need to just stick to Wiiflow 2.2 until this gets sorted for Hermes or something new can be done that doesn't prompt 249/250 to be "fixed".

Load your retail discs through NeoGamma or install priiloader and use the hack that blocks updates.

Lanthro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, got the Priiloader working, blocked disk updates, but am still getting the same problem, NTSC doesn't want to load. Going to try completely wiping Wiiflow clean again and reinstalling it to see if that fixes anything. Also, is it possible that it's trying to prefer Hermes over d2x? Do I need to find a way for it to recognize d2x over Hermes?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
You can use force cIOS 249 (when d2x 10 or 10-alt is installed there) in settings second page "startup settings"
or if you use HBC to load WF you can edit the xml and change the cIOS number
Also try changing video options to force pal, force ntsc or progressive, Wiiflow uses the game video mode as default mode.

Lanthro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That did it, forgot that I forced 224 earlier this week to just get it working with Hermes, then the problem arose. I've got 249 forced and just 249 installed, and now both PAL and NTSC work without having to do anything else to it, everything default. And I don't have to worry about the disk updates thanks to the Priiloader suggestion (which I've had apprehensions on using for a while now).

Thanks for everything guys. You rock!

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was a little weary of priiloader too, but one day a friend was having the update problem and couldn't play his retail Skyward Sword. I took the plunge and now I don't understand my original concerns.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-