Hacking WiiFlow Internet Bookmark Plugin Pack with Covers and Bookmarks

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As with all new WiiFlow content, you have to 'reload cache' from the wiiflow 'home' menu if you are adding more covers. You may (possibly) also need to delete the contents of your wiiflow/cache/bookmarks folder and then "reload cache".

Wiiflow internet bookmarks plugin
(modded from bootopera)

Clickable list of all the included links (and more)-> HERE

Complete setup, with covers and a few bookmarks in the pack: V3.0 Updated 19/12/13
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jj08l055802fru2/wiiflow_bookmarks_plugin_pack_V.3.0.zip

The News and Weather Pack - NOW INCLUDED IN ABZ'S MASTERPACK!! :)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hyopo5uyy6wbwaf/News.zip

NEW! Comedy Pack (NOT INCLUDED IN ABZ'S MASTERPACK) - "ADULT" as in humour, not as in pr0n! However, your Discretion is advised ;) :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gcnhytwcm6jwdg3/Adult_Humour_Pack.zip

A post listing of all the included links, url tagged, and an open invitation to post your own links and favourite flash games etc. :)
http://gbatemp.net/threads/working-wii-internet-channel-content-verified-november-2013.359425/

8PG4R0g.png

More screenshots (using the CarbonikAbz theme) under the spoiler

9DkvEdJ.png
s1N3zKE.png
4CwXo7Q.png

GPM7RZN.png

Medss1p.png

n.b. Also contains covers from the news and weather pack.
EDIT: Screenies do not contain 19/12/13 update or Adult pack

To create a bookmark for the wiiflow plugin:

Copy a url into a text file, and save it. Rename the saved text file to have a ".url" extension (ie. instead of ".txt"). Drop that .url file into your wiiflow/bookmarks folder. You're done:)

If you'd like to add a cover:
"Drop a 512x340.png file with the same name as your .url file into the wiiflow/boxcovers/bookmarks folder. Include the ".url" bit in the name
e.g. For the link "bookmark.url", have a .png named "bookmark.url.png"
Windows snipping tool is useful, but MSpaint is all you need :)"

Abz has added the setup and the news and weather packs to the masterpack by default, but here's how to set up a source menu entry, should you need to:
Add these lines to your source_menu.ini
[BUTTON_X] (Where X is an unused button number)
image=url.png
image_s=urlb.png
source=plugin
magic=70657261
title=Bookmarks
You can use this image as a source:-
MbLcKCL.png

you'll already have it if you have Abz's pack installed (or you can just right click and download, rename to "url.png", and drop it into your wiiflow>source menu>small covers folder).
Please feel free to suggest any addresses you think other users would enjoy, not just flash content, to the clickable links thread -> HERE :)

Thanks to Wiimpathy for the help, Gannon for bootopera and its sourcecode, and Xflak for the inspiration.

*Windows will try to open a .url file - ignore it and drop your url file directly into your text editor to edit it

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I settled on this for the default missing cover - it's in the pack -
sLMMa0F.jpg

But if you do something you prefer, I'd love to see it :)
Under spoiler: OP=fugly
Missing cover, for Carbonik Abz
0dbZfQD.png

AbdallahTerro, I'm not really sure about the implementation - how do I get this to work :) - how do I implement missing covers in other themes, esp. the default?

Quick mod, for sourceflow fullcovers:
xXGz1Xe.png

right click , download, rename to internet.png, place in your source_menu full_covers folder.

You may also need to edit your source_menu.ini to include the lines under the spoiler in the above post.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
by default you can add the missing covers to the default theme by using default naming i.e. (magicnumber.jpg) in either \WiiFlow\boxcovers (full) or \WiiFlow\covers (front)

Missing covers can also be added in a separate section in the theme.ini when you need to use custom names
example:
[BLANK_COVERS]
32363030=CA_Atari_2600.jpg
37383030=CA_Atari_7800.jpg
etc...

I'll make a decent missing cover for Carbo-Abz theme, the one posted above looks very inappropriate :)

j0yzpc.jpg

Reactions: spacepimp

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
by default you can add the missing covers to the default theme by using default naming i.e. (magicnumber.jpg) in either \WiiFlow\boxcovers (full) or \WiiFlow\covers (front)

Missing covers can also be added in a separate section in the theme.ini when you need to use custom names
example:
[BLANK_COVERS]
32363030=CA_Atari_2600.jpg
37383030=CA_Atari_7800.jpg
etc...

I'll make a decent missing cover for Carbo-Abz theme, the one posted above looks very inappropriate :)

You're right - they're awful - but only intended as a stop-gap until something better came along - so thanks for the doing the 'something better' :) - Would you mind modifying the same artwork for a sourceflow full cover ?

Thanks for the default naming convention tip!
But, can I ask, do they have to be jpgs? - where did you get this info from?

EDIT: I do have one minor niggle. Shouldn't a single bookmark cover be 'internet bookmark' rather than 'internet bookmarks'
Also, how do you feel about having the .url extension prominently on the front cover? - just an idea.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
save that pic as png and rename to whatever you use as source menu image name
yes jpg was found to save space and memory, I did the testing for Fledge when he wrote this stuff

Thanks, I was hoping you'd do something without the carbonik hexagons, maybe use plural 'bookmarks' for the sourceflow and singular 'bookmark' for the missing cover. I just thought as you have the artwork source files already already. But thanks for the advice on right-clicking and downloading ;)

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's brilliant, thanks man!
I've collected a few more wii-suitable links, but it may take some time to do the artwork - do you think I should add the links to the pack now - without the covers?

When i did the update to the pack I was going to add a help file instructing users to download the internet channel using their shopping channel or ModdMii - i wasn't aware there were direct links??

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
It's not the same, TurboDuo is a PC Engine + cdrom. PCFX is a different console.
By the way, error 404 for the source code posted by spacepimp in Maxternal's thread.
Thanks for the clarification, We have a PCE (Retro) icon already, so removing TurboDuo is still valid
unless this Retro plugin cannot run the CD version, then I'll replace it by PCE WiiMednafen

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No problem, the retro plugin is based on mednafen, and should play cd games too. It was just in case we'd want to seperate the Nec consoles: Pce engine, Pc engine CD, SuperGrafx, and PCFX.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't care about super accuracy for the pre-existing emulators, but I must admit that Gambatte is better than vba-gx or mednafen for GB/GBC. For ex., Robocop gb is freezing mid game in both vba, mednafen. But well, there's not infinite space fro all these plugins... Sorry for the off topic.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added to source menu!
Replaced "Turbo-Duo" since this is the same as "PCFX"
I'll add direct links to the prerequisite internet channel later when I make a new pack

Just a heads up..

Turbo-Duo, TurboGrafx CD and PCE CD are all basically the same (so only use one icon of those if that's what you're going for), but PCFX is a whole different system.
TurboGrafx 16 and PC Engine are also essentially the same, so you could remove one of those as well.

Edit: Sorry, this thread had a lot of action today before i had a chance to post.. didn't realize wiimpathy already dropped this info O.o

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You're right, the names of these console is a mess.

1. PC Engine (japanese name) have diff names, designs. TurboGrafx is the US one with another design. There are also the CoreGrafx.
2. CD Rom and Super CD rom as an extension. Then combined in a PC-Engine Duo. It's another console, so different games but compatible with Hucards.
3 SuperGrafx is another one. Still an 8 bits but upgraded GPU and RAM. Very few games (7?).
4. PC-FX, the nec 32 bits console. About 60 games.

So, yes it's 4 distinct machines but you could mix PC-engine and Supergrafx at least. I prefer to have all machines seperated but it's just my taste. To simplify the menu, I mixed all the arcade ones, get rid of plugins for 1 game (grim etc...) and the ones not related to games at all(music...). Who knows, maybe there will be other plugins...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."