WiiFlow downloaded wbfs files not working!

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ElyosOfTheAbyss, Dec 26, 2015.

1. ElyosOfTheAbyss
    OP

ElyosOfTheAbyss GBAtemp Addict

Aug 20, 2015
    For Christmas I got a External Hardrive so I've been using WiiFlow but when I download an already made wbfs file it doesn't work on WiiFlow for some reason. First there is no channel banner in the corner like the other games and then when you press play it takes me to the home menu but when I ever rip a game into wbfs format or convert an ISO file to wbfs it works fine. Is there a fix for this?

2. lanman31337

lanman31337 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2007
    United States
    So you're saying pirated games don't work, but legit games you've ripped do?

3. Boogieboo6

Boogieboo6 @realDonaldTrump

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    From how you worded the question, it seems like you only downloaded 1 wbfs file. It could have been made differently than you would assume. Maybe the creator of it made 1gb splits to a 2 gig ISO rather than making a single wbfs file. In other words, you have incomplete data and you only have complete data when you make the wbfs files yourself.

4. ElyosOfTheAbyss
    OP

Aug 20, 2015
    I downloaded multple WBFS files from different people but they all dont work but when I convert an ISO to WBFS it works.

Edit: They are also only in one part.

Last edited by ElyosOfTheAbyss, Dec 27, 2015
  5. Boogieboo6

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    You downloaded them from different people, what if they used different split styles? There is a very good chance that you're missing part of the data. If you can convert ISO to WBFS, why don't you do that? It's not hard to find ISO's to download.

6. ElyosOfTheAbyss
    OP

Aug 20, 2015
    The WBFS File works with dolphin though. Also there are some games I cant find ISO files for

7. Boogieboo6

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    In that case, I don't know any way to help you. Try using wiiflow with a different IOS, there might be some compatibility issues or something.

8. ElyosOfTheAbyss
    OP

Aug 20, 2015
    Even if it was an IOS Problem it would still show the banner in the top right corner.

9. AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Jan 14, 2012
    Ideas factory :)
    I would use Wii backup manager to rewrite the wbfs files again, selecting only the game partition.
    Also make sure cIOS 249 is d2x v8 or 10b52 and is forced in startup settings

10. ElyosOfTheAbyss
    OP

Aug 20, 2015
    I'll try that but I already did the cios

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also how do I rewrite a wbfs file to a wbfs?