Wiiflow 4.1 ".gct" File Capability

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Skarekrow73, Feb 4, 2013.

Feb 4, 2013
  1. Skarekrow73
    OP

Newcomer Skarekrow73 Newbie

United States
    Just a quick question I haven't been able to find an answer to after extensive searching...

Is Wiiflow 4.1 supposed to be able to read .gct files that are larger than 256 lines? Project M won't load and to my knowledge I've put everything in the right spots...

I can see an update on open-wiiflow-mod as of the 20th of January fixing the issue for that iteration of the loader, but I'm just using standard Wiiflow and am not planning on changing loader any time soon, not after the amount of tinkering I've already done. Just checking that the reason it's just loading the game up in it's normal state is because it won't read the .gct file. I can get the game to work through USB Loader GX so I'll use that for the time being, but I assume Wiiflow will be updated to correct the issue eventually and it'll just be a .dol swap to fix the problem.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh, and if anyone knows that swapping the .dol with the latest open-wiiflow-mod version would not be catastrophic and would still work with my theme and all the plugins etc., that could solve my problem...

2. kp_centi

Member kp_centi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I believe the codes have to be listed in a .TXT file

3. Skarekrow73
    OP

Newcomer Skarekrow73 Newbie

United States
    Wiiflow has a "gct" folder within the codes folder where it reads gct files from. I don't think I can use a txt file for project M, it comes with a gct...

4. Keylogger

Member Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

France
    I have the same problem... Want to try Project M V3.0.
    So I put the RSBE01.gct file in USB:\wiiFlow\codes\gct but wiiflow doesn't find the file. It wants to download a RSBE01.TXT file...

How can I play Project M with wiiflow?