Wiid Chip

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fassbinder, Oct 15, 2008.

Oct 15, 2008

Wiid Chip by fassbinder at 2:28 AM (847 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. fassbinder
    OP

Newcomer fassbinder Member

United States
    When the chips first started coming out I ordered a Wiid chip. I tried to install it, and I got one game to work, and then my wouldn't cone on. I am a very poor at soldering so I just removed it and never reinstalled it and it is just laying here in a plastic bag with the triwing screwdriver. Now, I can't find much info about them on any of the major gaming sites and using the search enging only brings up old results. Whatever happened to them. Are they even still made? Are they clones of another chip? Are they crap chips? The website for them hasent changed in ages and i think they may have had an update a year ago or something... anyway does anyone have one of these or any info about them? thx guys.

2. Screemer

Member Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    the chip is quite old. it's only working in the first and second generation of the wii-drive-ics (d2a, d2b). nintendo stopped to use those drives over a year ago. there are 3 or 4 generations of new wii-drive between those where you could use a wiid and the current drives. but for the old drives its a good solution and its easy to install. you can find all the information you need at following website: http://wiidmod.com/index.html

3. fassbinder
    OP

Newcomer fassbinder Member

United States
    thanks man. i knew there were different versions of the dvd drives of course, i just didnt know that they stopped making the drives that the chip worked on. perfect answer to a stupid question. thanks again.

4. Screemer

Member Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    you are welcome.