WiiCM

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fishears, Nov 22, 2008.

Nov 22, 2008

WiiCM by fishears at 2:12 PM (2,312 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. fishears
    OP

Member fishears fishears

United Kingdom
    christian.remboldt alias linus has released WiiCM 286 alpha1.

It is a Wii application to manage ocarina/WiiRD cheat codes on the Wii itself. It works with txt files and lets you select what cheats you want then convert to a gct file ready for use.

It can be downloaded here

Extract from the readme:

wiicm
    version 286alpha1
    11/20/08

Description:
    Native wii cheat code manager, for use with WiiRd codes and the GeckoOS\Ocarina code handler. Select codes from .txt file and encode to .gct format.

Installation:
    Install wiicm apps package. Make directories /codes/ and /txtcodes/ on root of SD card. Download and install GeckoOS. http://www.usbgecko.com/files/geckohb9.zip. Download codes and save them to /txtcodes/. http://www.usbgecko.com/codes/

Use:
    File selection; Up or Down to change selected file or directory, A to select, or Home to exit. [Renaming txt file helps with selection(ex. rename RMGE01.txt to galaxy.txt). Wiicm creates the gct file name from the first line of the txt file to account for this]. Code selection; A to activate code, B to skip code, or Home to exit. Finally when you see the red bar press A to create new gct file and exit, or Home to exit without creating new gct file.

2. zerof

Member zerof GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Customization added.

Not sure about anything else.

3. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    seems like file browsing has changed. in the previous version you had to cycle through files with + and -
    But I wish they'd change cheat selection. Seems like it's still going through the entire list and having to select or skip each cheat. Some games have a huge cheat list, so this isn't a very convenient method.

4. fruitman

Newcomer fruitman Advanced Member

United States
    its a good start though [​IMG]

i have it running on gamma, the little ones love it

ps. i had the old one i'll have a play with this one

5. skedone

Member skedone GBAtemp Fan

United States
    its weird i tried this with the call of duty codes and nutting happened anyone tried it with that yet

6. harryk

Member harryk GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    @skedone: Did you set the hook type to Vi?

I tried it with Mario Galaxy, but there was an error with the first code, so it didn't work and I deleted it. Maybe I'll give it another shot [​IMG]

7. skedone

Member skedone GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i set the hook type to vi but still a no go do i have to press summit in game to activate them or summit ??? i dont know will keep trying