Status
Not open for further replies.

deceptica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian:

We had a video in April but no release date.

We had this video a couple of days ago and no release date.

We have an 'official' video today and still no idea when it may be released.

Sorry for not joining in the uncontrolled release of ectasy at a few videos.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
people are moaning when :

1/ the coding takes too long
2/ they don't write update reports frequently
3/ they don't show some footage of their work

The truth is, people are moaning against everything and will continue once it will be released (when will you implement USB2 support ? can you add wiimote support ? please make goldeneye playable ...blablabla)

I think both of you never coded anything or you would understand how ungrateful it is for a job , how long a project of this kind can take to accomplish and especially how much you get excited when you finally see the end and what you've accomplished with your own hands (and brain)

it's natural they want to share some visuals with the future users, the release being approaching (and no, if it's not released yet, it's because they THINK it is not complely ready, this is something called perfectionism... and what the point of giving release date like many "devs" are doing when you perfectly know there are high chances you won't respect them), it has nothing to do with marketing, this is free stuff at the end, nobody force you to pay or donate for it, I don't understand you way of thinking, really, you have perfectly the right not to be excited but bashing the devs for what they are doing, really
blink.gif

psykobug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
so , code it yourself deceptica ! they did an awesome work for free , the release will be soon , and you're still complaining ? i don't see where the probem is ?

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I personally find this better than using WADs, if it can run the games I wanna play. Basically because the Wii built in memory is not much, and it's a lot easier to transfer files onto my USB HDD than installing everything through WADManager, and uninstalling it whenever I run out of space.

Thanks for the hard work, and I'll be using this ASAP if Beta 1 can run No Mercy 64.

dejaskater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deceptica said:
Jacobeian:

We had a video in April but no release date.

We had this video a couple of days ago and no release date.

We have an 'official' video today and still no idea when it may be released.

Sorry for not joining in the uncontrolled release of ectasy at a few videos.

I don't understand how an idiot like you can complain about something you are getting for FREE, you aren't paying for it, you don't have to do ANYTHING to get it, if you're going to be a complete dick to someone who does something for the community in their free time and then PROCEED to give it away for FREE. Then you are in fact an ungrateful idiot. If you want a release date why don't you fucking code one yourself and make it fully playable instead of bitching and moaning about something people are giving away for free? You could even charge for it. But you probably won't do it, because you're an idiot.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Kratozero @ Sep 29 2009, 05:37 PM) I am also very excited by the soon release.
But will it support games that use Memory Cards?

They will most likely be saved in a SAVE folder...like every other emulator lol

Yyhhggtt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any news on the release yet?

Guy who posted above me, seddle down.. and also calm down... Don't need to try flame him...

deceptica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Obviously a lot of people are getting themselves in a bit of a state about to my comments. Whilst funny this is also quite sad so allow to explain myself.

Firstly, I would be happy to pay for working PSX and N64 emulators. Yes that's right. I don't expect everything to be free. Of course when something is offered for free and it is of value, I'll happily take it. I use Linux which is free and is more functional for my needs than a paid OS.

The fact that something is free doesn't mean that one cannot or should not criticise it. Or have an opinion on it's value or usefulness. The WiiSX emulator with its inability to play sound correctly is not an enjoyable experience. I have no idea when, or if, the emulator will be able to play sound so I'm left with something of very limited use. And yet I'm expected to be eternally grateful that at least I have *something* and it cost me nothing. Well I'm not. I'd have prefered them to release it in a more usable state. Or at least give some idea of when it will be fixed. That's the way with open source software usually.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
deceptica said:
Obviously a lot of people are getting themselves in a bit of a state about to my comments. Whilst funny this is also quite sad so allow to explain myself.

Firstly, I would be happy to pay for working PSX and N64 emulators. Yes that's right. I don't expect everything to be free. Of course when something is offered for free and it is of value, I'll happily take it. I use Linux which is free and is more functional for my needs than a paid OS.

The fact that something is free doesn't mean that one cannot or should not criticise it. Or have an opinion on it's value or usefulness. The WiiSX emulator with its inability to play sound correctly is not an enjoyable experience. I have no idea when, or if, the emulator will be able to play sound so I'm left with something of very limited use. And yet I'm expected to be eternally grateful that at least I have *something* and it cost me nothing. Well I'm not. I'd have prefered them to release it in a more usable state. Or at least give some idea of when it will be fixed. That's the way with open source software usually.
I agree with you on that, but requiring payment for emulators is a bit wrong. After all, they didn't invent the console it emulates.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
deceptica said:

Wow, I initially thought you were a troll but apparently not, that's really a sad way of seeing things: again, it's THEIR choice to release a preview build or a video so that people can see how far they are (and maybe stop asking for ETA every damn day), YOU are not forced to download it in any way, and yes, you have the right not to enjoy these releases but you are certainly not entitled to criticize them the way you have done and expect nobody would react, internet is not as "free" as you think it is and the word "respect" still means something for a few people.

As I said, if you ever code something important yourself one day, you will eventually understand the excitation of devs when they finally have something valuable to share to the public (and yes, a video footage or a preview with buggy sound ARE valuable, especially when nothing similar was done before,) ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: