OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so my birthday was coming up and i was wondering if the Wii was worth getting...

Ive read plenty of good reviews about it in magazines and online, but i thought it would be better to get responses from people who actually own the system and have had a lot of playtime...

So... Gimme your input about them
smile.gif

mikeosoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
welp i mean this is a wii forum, but the system is fun but i'm not satisfied with the current library of titles, however i believe given more time, there will be some truely great games for the wii.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Free Wii!!! Go for it!

I have one, and I'm very happy. Single player is great, but multiplayer is just wild. Simple, fast, hectic, fun. I'd say you couldn't go wrong if you decide to get a Wii.

You'll have to get extra controllers for multiplayer, of course.

pandas0nic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i second sekhu, i barely touch the wii atm, ofocurse _eventualy_ there will be some good games, but the 360 has a proven library of already good games.

pewpz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Look at the games available and the release list for the next year, if the games interest you, get one. If not, don't... simple. Our opinions are no more valid than any other review... in fact, I would think opinions in a "Wii" forum are biased and will automatically shower the Wii positive reviews.

crafton48

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There are currently only a few great wii titles at the moment, however if you've never played a gamecube theres plenty of games to play there which would tide you over till we get a few more wii releases. The wii is a nice little console, but it is a multiplayer console if you've always got people over it's perfect for keeping everyone entertained.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get a Wii and a chip and a package of blank DVDs. I never played my Wii until I started downloading games that I never would have tried before. Excite Truck, Trauma Center, Paper Mario, Mario Strikers, etc. Now I love my Wii.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Look at the games available and the release list for the next year, if the games interest you, get one. If not, don't... simple. Our opinions are no more valid than any other review... in fact, I would think opinions in a "Wii" forum are biased and will automatically shower the Wii positive reviews.
I agree. How can we know what you are looking for in a console. Look at the games released and announced for Wii. Just the games and features, not their reviews. Those will just confuse, because they are other people's opinions, and you need your own opinion here. If the games interest you, take the Wii. If they don't seem appealing, go for an X360 (if you can get one). It has tons of good (if conventional) titles. You can always get a Wii later on, when more games are released, and when the price drops
happy.gif

smashing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree. How can we know what you are looking for in a console. Look at the games released and announced for Wii. Just the games and features, not their reviews. Those will just confuse, because they are other people's opinions, and you need your own opinion here. If the games interest you, take the Wii. If they don't seem appealing, go for an X360 (if you can get one). It has tons of good (if conventional) titles. You can always get a Wii later on, when more games are released, and when the price dropsÂ
happy.gif

Nintendo and price drops? Doesn't equate. DS have been printing money for Nintendo for the last two years, and I don't see a hint at price drop at all.

Unlike Sony or Microsoft that is literally selling their console at a lost, Nintendo is earning good money with every Wii sold. Why should they drop their pricing when the Wii prints money? So, don't hope for a price-drop. It won't happen, unless Wii face some legitimate competition from this gen.

To reply to the thread-starter, I would get a Wii for a few reasons: no or little learning curve for most Wii games make it one of the best party console of all time; Mario, Mario and more Mario; casual games that are quick to entertain; and Virtual Console. If these are not the things you look for in a console, then you would probably have a better time with some other consoles.

Oh! If motion control is the thing you're looking for, then I would suggest that you hold on. Copy-cats will come out fast and furious once they managed to reverse engineer the Wii sucessfully...

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Get a Wii and a chip and a package of blank DVDs. I never played my Wii until I started downloading games that I never would have tried before. Excite Truck, Trauma Center, Paper Mario, Mario Strikers, etc. Now I love my Wii.

You wouldn't have tried Paper Mario? Are classic series not on your 'to-play' list?

Unlike Sony or Microsoft that is literally selling their console at a lost, Nintendo is earning good money with every Wii sold. Why should they drop their pricing when the Wii prints beams money? So, don't hope for a price-drop. It won't happen, unless Wii face some legitimate competition from this gen.
wink.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It has tons of good (if conventional) titles. You can always get a Wii later on, when more games are released, and when the price dropsÂ
happy.gif

Nintendo and price drops? Doesn't equate. DS have been printing money for Nintendo for the last two years, and I don't see a hint at price drop at all.

Unlike Sony or Microsoft that is literally selling their console at a lost, Nintendo is earning good money with every Wii sold. Why should they drop their pricing when the Wii prints money? So, don't hope for a price-drop. It won't happen, unless Wii face some legitimate competition from this gen.
How much did the Playstation 2 cost at launch? How much did it cost a year ago? It didn't have any real competition in the meantime. Yet the price dropped.

Production costs drop, and the profit margin is getting bigger. In a year or so, Nintendo will be able to sell Wii for $200 and earn more than what they do now. Of course, if they don't drop the price, they'll be making a whole lot more than they do now
laugh.gif

Sony and Microsoft can't afford to drop prices, because they are losing money on every console, and a price drop would be a plummet into debt. Nintendo could drop the price, and still be making money. They don't have to do it right away, but they can afford to do it at any time, and by the time the OP gets fed up by X360 (and, more importantly, by the time he saves up for a Wii
laugh.gif
), there's a good chance the price will have dropped.

smashing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How much did the Playstation 2 cost at launch? How much did it cost a year ago? It didn't have any real competition in the meantime. Yet the price dropped.

Production costs drop, and the profit margin is getting bigger. In a year or so, Nintendo will be able to sell Wii for $200 and earn more than what they do now. Of course, if they don't drop the price, they'll be making a whole lot more than they do nowÂ
laugh.gif
Â

Sony and Microsoft can't afford to drop prices, because they are losing money on every console, and a price drop would be a plummet into debt. Nintendo could drop the price, and still be making money. They don't have to do it right away, but they can afford to do it at any time, and by the time the OP gets fed up by X360 (and, more importantly, by the time he saves up for a WiiÂ
laugh.gif
 ), there's a good chance the price will have dropped.

Keep that spirit up! I have been waiting for the price of DS to get mi 2nd DS for the past year or so to no avail. Sony PSP in the meanwhile have dropped their pricing a couple of times, to about 50% of their launch price. This is on top of the fact that the PSP is about a year younger than DS. Isn't Sony losing money for their price drop in PSP as well?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Keep that spirit up! I have been waiting for the price of DS to get mi 2nd DS for the past year or so to no avail.
Isn't Sony losing money for their price drop in PSP as well?
Well I never mentioned handhelds, did I?
laugh.gif

Notice how the GBA still costs as much as it did on launch.

And Sony isn't losing money on the PSP. Even with the price drop, they still make money off every PSP sold.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get a Wii and a chip and a package of blank DVDs. I never played my Wii until I started downloading games that I never would have tried before. Excite Truck, Trauma Center, Paper Mario, Mario Strikers, etc. Now I love my Wii.

You wouldn't have tried Paper Mario? Are classic series not on your 'to-play' list?

I never played a Paper Mario before the Wii version. Whenever the series was discussed, the first thing that anybody ever said was that it took a million years to read the damn thing, so I was pretty turned off to the thing. It always sounded interesting, but never like something I'd want to spend money on.

chad60

Trophies
Website
www.smartratings.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so my birthday was coming up and i was wondering if the Wii was worth getting...

Ive read plenty of good reviews about it in magazines and online, but i thought it would be better to get responses from people who actually own the system and have had a lot of playtime...

So... Gimme your input about them
smile.gif
I also read the reviews and they are all excellent. Definitely, I would buy it one of these days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la