Wii #XXXX - Metroid: Other M (USA)

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For people asking if you really need to remove the update partition - I definitely had to, otherwise it froze. That's with CG usbloader, no idea about discs but I'd do it.

Dkangel: I thought it'd been removed too, but...not so much

Mariosonic: wbfs is a format that compresses the iso to save space and to boot through usbloaders etc. I convert my isos to .wbfs with a tool called wbfs_file, others use Wii Backup Manager - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=188295 . Usually that's all I have to do but in this case manually removing the update partition first, with Wiiscrubber, proved necessary to get beyond the Distress Signal bit

but now I have other issues apparently, so. heh

Teep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm gonna burn a few different DVDs once the download is done and see what happens... IF any of you can shoot down any of these right away, let me know:

-Verbatim DVD-R with ImgBurn, default settings
-Pro4Media DVD+R with ImgBurn, layer break set.
-Pro4Media DVD+R with ImgBurn, incremental mode and layer break.

Also all of those variations but with the update partition removed. All burned at the lowest possible speed. I'll be booting with neogamma r9 and cIOS249-rev17.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
popid - maybe it's cios related? i only have instaled cios 249 (at least neogamma says ios 249) i think....
can you instal other cios without fear of doing any sort of damage to your wii console?

maybe i need the latest version of neogamma? will it work with the current cios i have?

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
the_Predator said:
Well, I'm gonna burn a few different DVDs once the download is done and see what happens... IF any of you can shoot down any of these right away, let me know:

Also all of those variations but with the update partition removed. All burned at the lowest possible speed. I'll be booting with neogamma r9 and cIOS249-rev17.

I dont know if you wrote that by mistake, or if you didnt know.

But none of those will work, since you will need Dual Layer DVD to burn on.

On another note, i tried booting the game from CFG Loader, with IOS set to 222 and it worked right away, Been playing for awhile now... Lovely game!

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
re: my latest problem/freeze. I just tried booting with 222 instead of 249 and this time it got past the freeze though the sound cut out for a second in the cutscene still, but now right after the freeze im stuck in the subsequent hallway cos every time I walk up to the green door it comes up on the screen "Now Loading"...

I dunno if I'll keep trying options tonight cos it takes a while to get trhough the cutscenes plus u need to play a bit in between them which makes it doubly annoying...grr though I'm really loving the game. Maybe I should grab another iso overnight in case it's that but blah I dunno

Vermine2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install to Cios Rev20b
rolleyes.gif
Just need to install and set over crash

Teep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SnAQ said:
the_Predator said:

I dont know if you wrote that by mistake, or if you didnt know.

But none of those will work, since you will need Dual Layer DVD to burn on.

Obviously all are dual layers, forgot to write that. >_>

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Been playing since this morning and loving it so far. It's basically Metroid Fusion in 3D. I doubt it will be better than the Primes, but we'll see about that when I finish it.

Anyway, I need help. I'm in the big room with the spiral way in the middle (not the big room with the plant in the middle) where on top you jump into a hole and fall a lot. Then at the bottom it automatically goes into 1st person and I assume I'm supposed to find and scan something now. But what? Anyone already been here?

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ihave the game working on dual layer +r disc with a wiikey 1 using the suggested layer break from ssbb. But only tested booting from Gecko-os on a PAL wii.

The 'Metroid.Other.M.NTSC.WII-XB3' release has the update intact and the main disc channel shows 'system update' with the disc inserted. How can I remove the update from the iso? so I can burn another copy, I don't want the kids to accidentally update the wii to NTSC 4.3!

I looked at brickblocker 1.3r2 but on pressing the 'info' button it reports that it's not a valid ISO ?? anyone know if it's still ok to press the 'patch' button? or should I use another method of update removal?

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
Been playing since this morning and loving it so far. It's basically Metroid Fusion in 3D. I doubt it will be better than the Primes, but we'll see about that when I finish it.

Anyway, I need help. I'm in the big room with the spiral way in the middle (not the big room with the plant in the middle) where on top you jump into a hole and fall a lot. Then at the bottom it automatically goes into 1st person and I assume I'm supposed to find and scan something now. But what? Anyone already been here?
Sorry,I can't help,for my download has not finished yet.It's super slow,and i'm going to have to stop in the middle of it later,so I wont be playing it intill late tonight or tomorrow.

But I have a qustion.How are you playing this?USB loader,like most everyone else,or with a DL DVD?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's very unimpressive so far. My biggest question is why the hell they didn't make the game Nunchuck/Wiimote? I mean it's a pretty obvious choice. moving around in a 3-D environment is far easier on an analog stick than a D-Pad. Plus you have the Wiimote always pointed at the screen so just putting the first person mode to a button seems easy. Plus you get more buttons for more stuff.

Controls just seem very meh, story isn't unfolding to be epic at this point, every just seems average. I wouldn't say it's even better than Metroid Prime and Prime ranks pretty low in my books.

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
It's very unimpressive so far. My biggest question is why the hell they didn't make the game Nunchuck/Wiimote? I mean it's a pretty obvious choice. moving around in a 3-D environment is far easier on an analog stick than a D-Pad. Plus you have the Wiimote always pointed at the screen so just putting the first person mode to a button seems easy. Plus you get more buttons for more stuff.

Controls just seem very meh, story isn't unfolding to be epic at this point, every just seems average. I wouldn't say it's even better than Metroid Prime and Prime ranks pretty low in my books.
I think they put it wii mote for the fact that the game has alot of Side-scrolling parts.And think about people who had the PS1 back in the day with the original controllers for it.It was D-pad,and used for 3D games too.Not that hard to go around in a 3D world with a D-Pad.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mariosonic said:
Guild McCommunist said:

I think they put it wii mote for the fact that the game has alot of Side-scrolling parts.And think about people who had the PS1 back in the day with the original controllers for it.It was D-pad,and used for 3D games too.Not that hard to go around in a 3D world with a D-Pad.

So far all I've had is 3D parts. And odds are there's a majority of 3D instead of 2D, so it seems pretty common sense to put it with an analog. Plus I'm sure I heard plenty of people dropping the D-Pad in favor of an analog stick in games like NSMB Wii.

If they were trying to appeal to the crowd back during the older days of Metroid they would've given them a 2-D sidescroller Metroid like they wanted, not this.

h0ser81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finished the story line around 1:30 this morning. Damn good game. Now I'm working on the post game stuff. Yes, there is stuff to do AFTER you finish the main part of the game. I've only played about 10 minutes of the post game stuff but it gets much more difficult. I'm really anxious to see what official reviews are going to say.

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
mariosonic said:
Guild McCommunist said:

So far all I've had is 3D parts. And odds are there's a majority of 3D instead of 2D, so it seems pretty common sense to put it with an analog. Plus I'm sure I heard plenty of people dropping the D-Pad in favor of an analog stick in games like NSMB Wii.

If they were trying to appeal to the crowd back during the older days of Metroid they would've given them a 2-D sidescroller Metroid like they wanted, not this.
Yeah,guess your right.But you know Team Ninja.(Wich i bet is the whole reason why there are 3D parts like that)

The game still seems like it's pretty good,though..I do think they should have allowed more controller methods.Classic Controller might would work pretty good.

And people acturally used the nunchuck for NSMB Wii?I tryed it,but didnt like it.And when Donkey Kong Country Returns comes out,i'll be using a wii mote sideways on that game too.Not Nunchuck.(only showed nunchuck on demos,but its comfirmed to be compatable with Wii Mote)

undercoverjamil

Trophies
XP
Country
h0ser81 said:
Finished the story line around 1:30 this morning. Damn good game. No I'm working on the post game stuff. Yes, their is stuff to do AFTER you finish the main part of the game. I've only played about 10 minutes of the post game stuff but it gets much more difficult. I'm really anxious to see what official reviews are going to say.

is this worth getting? I remember getting metroid prime trilogy and I didn't like it at all. Is this better?

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
h0ser81 said:
Finished the story line around 1:30 this morning. Damn good game. Now I'm working on the post game stuff. Yes, there is stuff to do AFTER you finish the main part of the game. I've only played about 10 minutes of the post game stuff but it gets much more difficult. I'm really anxious to see what official reviews are going to say.
Already completed it?Damn,must be short.Are there like other things to collect that arnt needed,like Super Metroid?As in other missle containers and stuff?

And by the way,how are you playing this?Offical game,USB loader,DL Disc,?Wich one?I'm just asking because because i dont have a USB harddrive,so i cant play on USB loader.I have to play by disc.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mariosonic said:
Guild McCommunist said:
mariosonic said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Yeah,guess your right.But you know Team Ninja.(Wich i bet is the whole reason why there are 3D parts like that)

The game still seems like it's pretty good,though..I do think they should have allowed more controller methods.Classic Controller might would work pretty good.

And people acturally used the nunchuck for NSMB Wii?I tryed it,but didnt like it.And when Donkey Kong Country Returns comes out,i'll be using a wii mote sideways on that game too.Not Nunchuck.(only showed nunchuck on demos,but its comfirmed to be compatable with Wii Mote)

Classic controller wouldn't work since you need the Wiimote to aim.

I've heard people saying analog worked great in NSMB Wii. I used the D-Pad but I still need to try the Nunchuck.

h0ser81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
/puts on Flame Suit.....
I'd say so. I think I liked this better than the Prime series just because it takes me back to the days of old school Metroid. This is definitely nothing like the Prime series for sure, but it's a really good adaptation of Metroid from a fresh perspective.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, from the shows website?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: who is lizzo?