Hacking Wii wont recognize USB Drive

zyz101z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 250 gig 2.5 in Iomega USB drive. WBFS manager and my other WBFS tools recognize the drive fine. I am able to add games ect. However the wii will not see the drive. I have a seagate 250 gb drive that works fine in the wii. I have tried the following:

1. Reformating the drive to WBFS again
2. Refomatting the drive to Fat32 again then back to WBFS
3. Delete all other patitions on the drive and making it a flat partition.
4. Making the partition active
5. Different usb cables (even tho the same cable works fine with the pc and my seagate on the wii)

Any suggestions? I am really stuck!

Dave

DMzda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried formatting it as FAT-32 and using it that way? Both CFGLoader and USBLoaderGX support this. You must have a folder called "wbfs" and you can put your games in there using Wii Game Manager. Also see THIS for a device compatability list.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tried a different cios? I've got a iomega 250GB and it only works with 222. Using 249 the wii can see it, write to it, but can't launch games from it. 222 works perfectly with it though. I don't put much faith in that compatibility list, my drive is on there and apparently works perfect right out the box, no mention of it not working with 249.

zyz101z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DMzda said:
Have you tried formatting it as FAT-32 and using it that way? Both CFGLoader and USBLoaderGX support this. You must have a folder called "wbfs" and you can put your games in there using Wii Game Manager. Also see THIS for a device compatability list.

I haven't tried that. Can USBLoaderGX or CFG generate the channel wad's? I currently use Loadstructor. It is easier for my kids to load the games that using something like Neogamma or Coverfloader. I haven't tried CFG or GX yet tho.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Sorry for hijacking the thread (if it's still "alive") But I'm having a similar problem.
I had a wbfs fomatted mactor portable basics (fully compatible) working perfectly with all my games. Yesterday I decided to reformat the drive as fat32(32KB if it makes any difference) Cause I thought It would be good to have the extra space available for whatever I could need and seeing as the fat32 support is fully developed by now (I had WBFS since this whole softmod thing started...)
Anyways, long story short it took me FOREVER to backup the games to my hdd, reformat the external drive and then move the backed up games from my hdd to my external AGAIN just to find out my wii doesn't recognize it!!!... The external is the same, the games are the same. Everythings the same.
I'm using the latest revs of everything (at least what modmii downloads for me...) and CFG loader.
Apps stored in the usb drive are not recognized either...
What could be wrong and can you think of something to fix it? (Please don't tell me to reformat my drive again cause I think I'd rather kick myself in the nuts than going through that again...)
Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu