jmario79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my wii has shorted power. here is what happens:

when i plug in the ac adaptor the power led is red. normal right? then i press the power button, and the wii seems like it's going to turn on. the blue drive led turns on. here is when it all goes down hill. the power led flashes amber and then turns off.

what could be the problem? i think it's the mainboard and not the cd drive. has anyone seem this problem?

also, since i've only had it for a couple of months, i'm debating shipping it back to nintendo for warranty repair. however, i loaded the homebrew channel and some vc games. will nintendo void my warranty?

thanks for the help.
wink.gif

SpongeFreak52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. And nothing appears on the screen? Sounds to me like a hardware error, since software errors will at least get you to the Health and Safety screen.

And just to be on the safe side, I'd just get rid of the Homebrew Channel temporarily while they repair it, because I'm not sure if that's considered voiding your warranty or not. I sent mine in (after warranty) with the Homebrew Channel, VC and WiiWare games, and they were untouched. Perhaps they don't really care. xD

judgedee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpongeFreak52 said:
Hm. And nothing appears on the screen? Sounds to me like a hardware error, since software errors will at least get you to the Health and Safety screen.

And just to be on the safe side, I'd just get rid of the Homebrew Channel temporarily while they repair it, because I'm not sure if that's considered voiding your warranty or not. I sent mine in (after warranty) with the Homebrew Channel, VC and WiiWare games, and they were untouched. Perhaps they don't really care. xD

how can he get rid of the HC channel if his wii doesnt turn on?

ften

Trophies
Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I've been having issues with my external power adapter lately where the Wii will turn itself totally off when in sleep mode, and it requires me to unplug the power adapter from the Wii and the wall jack. You might want to grab a friends power adapter and test that before you go to the trouble of sending it back.
-FTen

jmario79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i decided to send my wii back under warranty repair. however, the white stickers/bumper pads look like the have been removed (of course they have). i know i read it some where in this forum, but where can i get these sticker and pads? thanks again...
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of...