Hacking Wii & Wiikey question

Little

I r Little
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've got a wii with wiikey V1 installed... with 1.9 on. My wii is still on firmware 3.1E

Now, I tried to play animal crossing - and I just got a black screen after I clicked play. Pretty sure that the disc had its update removed - I'm guessing I need to be on a higher firmware to play animal crossing?

If I update my wii to the latest firmware, I'm guessing my wiikey will stop working and I'll get the nice black illegal chip detected screen?

What are my options at this point? If I softmod at this point - would it still detect the wiikey and be giving black screens?

Cheers

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your WiiKey will still work just fine and all games will still be playable after you apply the updates on Animal Crossing. The only thing you will lose is running fake-signed games. If you are only interested in keeping your backups running and running the newest games then go ahead and update. You can always downgrade if you want in the future.

Little

I r Little
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
cheers guys =) I think I will just update to 3.4E using the updates (since no update on animal crossing it was removed) and if theres any problems I can downgrade right? probably about to brick my wii but okay lol

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure you can do that, but also just installing just the IOS38 will make that game work. and you will stay on your firmware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: