Hardware Wii video problems?

Aoko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, here I am with another problem post. Hopefully, this isn't part of the game I'm playing, because if it was then I'd just quit posting altogether.
laugh.gif

So, I'm playing No More Heroes again, and I'm in the part of town near the Job Center. This part of the in-game world has bright sunlight and sharp cel-shading, so there's white all around. It's then that I notice that the graphics start getting all fuzzy. No, I don't have the dreaded black pixels or lines, just that the visuals start to look like it's from those old TVs where the signal starts to get weird. This happens on and off - one second the edges do the fuzzy thing, then next second it's all sharp. I've only noticed it until now, and I've had the Wii for quite some time.

This also seems to happen in the menu screen of NiGHTS, where the buttons have these bright golden borders and golden font and AGGGGH BRIGHTNESS. It doesn't happen in-game, though.

The question I want to ask is, is it time for me to send the Wii over for repairs, or do I just need to replace the composite cables? As for the TV I'm using, it's a first-generation Sony WEGA flatscreen.

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd first try different cables and a different TV. You might as well go for component cables, especially with your TV. Composite is almost the worst quality possible.

RGB SCART is fine too if you're in Europe, but component is better still.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill