Wii Usb Loader issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Gary Hamilton, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Gary Hamilton
    OP

Gary Hamilton Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2016
    So I decided To pull the WII out of the box it was placed in a few years ago. I wanted to get nintendont running on it and managed with no issues what so ever. So I decided to Install Usb Loader GX and run some WII games on my external HDD but had nothing but issue after issue with it. My latest issue I have atm if i load USB Loader GX it just sits at Initialize usb device and does nothing after this. So I restart the Wii turn off the HDD wait till it says it cant find a usb HDD then the HDD back on and it starts to work. Is there some way to fix this issue or a reason what would cause it.

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Homebrew versions? Drive model? Disc format?

3. Gary Hamilton
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2016
    Well i updated everything with modmii last night. So hbc etc upto date. Still having the issue that i got to turn my hard drive off before i load a usb loader app.

4. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    That doesn't answer any of my questions. Nobody here can tell what versions of the homebrew you're using are or what you're trying to use to store your games.

1. What version of USB Loader GX you are using? (The full version number, not "latest")
    2. What you're storing things on? (What model HDD, is it bus-powered or external power)
    3. How you have the drive formatted? (e.g.: FAT32/NTFS/WBFS, how it's partitioned)
    4. What cIOSes do you have installed and is the console updated fully? (SysCheck can make a report of that. Please post the report in spoiler tags.)

5. Gary Hamilton
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2016
    I have Managed to fix it I bought a Y cable for my Fat32 HDD I thought there was not enough power getting to it. USBLoaderGX v3.0 r1262.

GreyWolf likes this.
  6. Eddypikachu

Eddypikachu GBAtemp Fan

Mar 25, 2015
    United States
    Hey I'm having this same problem where USBLoader GX v.3.0 r1262 gets stuck on "Initialize USB Device" I'm using a Lexar 8GB USB stick thats been formatted to FAT 32
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by Eddypikachu, Aug 19, 2017
  7. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    if you have the SAME problem, then use the SAME solution ! :D
    the solution is written just above your message.

if you already have a Y-cable, then it's NOT the same problem.
    your problem is probably that you need to use another IOS to initialize the drive. set the loader's IOS to IOS58 in the loader's settings.

Last edited by Cyan, Aug 19, 2017
  8. Eddypikachu

Eddypikachu GBAtemp Fan

Mar 25, 2015
    United States
    Well it no longer freezes at the boot screen anymore but it still gives me an error that the USB is not initialized when trying to use the select title sources options

9. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    If you're using a USB flash drive you may be restricted to only using WBFS partitions if that.

10. racertj5

racertj5 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    United States
    I'm having a similar issue with vwii. Ios 58 seems to fix the problem except only gcn games show up. Wii games show up on 249 but it doesn't always load

11. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    if IOS58 detects the drive and list the files, there's no reason it couldn't list Wii games (they are only files on a FAT32 partition).
    If Wii games are not listed, it's a setting problem.
    Are you sure you have a FAT32 drive, not a WBFS partition ?
    If you have a FAT32 partition for your Wii games, verify the "Wii games" are enabled in the 4th icon of the top menu.

12. racertj5

racertj5 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    United States
    Thank you. I'll try again. I know it's a fat32 drive. I'll check the settings and see if I missed something after work