Wii Usb Loader issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Gary Hamilton, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Gary Hamilton
    OP

Gary Hamilton Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2016
    So I decided To pull the WII out of the box it was placed in a few years ago. I wanted to get nintendont running on it and managed with no issues what so ever. So I decided to Install Usb Loader GX and run some WII games on my external HDD but had nothing but issue after issue with it. My latest issue I have atm if i load USB Loader GX it just sits at Initialize usb device and does nothing after this. So I restart the Wii turn off the HDD wait till it says it cant find a usb HDD then the HDD back on and it starts to work. Is there some way to fix this issue or a reason what would cause it.

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Homebrew versions? Drive model? Disc format?

3. Gary Hamilton
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2016
    Well i updated everything with modmii last night. So hbc etc upto date. Still having the issue that i got to turn my hard drive off before i load a usb loader app.

4. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    That doesn't answer any of my questions. Nobody here can tell what versions of the homebrew you're using are or what you're trying to use to store your games.

1. What version of USB Loader GX you are using? (The full version number, not "latest")
    2. What you're storing things on? (What model HDD, is it bus-powered or external power)
    3. How you have the drive formatted? (e.g.: FAT32/NTFS/WBFS, how it's partitioned)
    4. What cIOSes do you have installed and is the console updated fully? (SysCheck can make a report of that. Please post the report in spoiler tags.)

5. Gary Hamilton
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2016
    I have Managed to fix it I bought a Y cable for my Fat32 HDD I thought there was not enough power getting to it. USBLoaderGX v3.0 r1262.

GreyWolf likes this.