Hardware wii unable to read disc

alphatrap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys i have a modded wii not sure of what mod chip but i can update it via nintendo and it'd be fine.

so what im having trouble is i don't know if it's the wii or the game cuz i'd burn a game on a dvd and it'd work fine but then when i play certain games it'd work but some won't.
like im playing MH3 now it's working like an original copy right, but then it says unable to read disc on games like SMG2 then old games that used to work fine starts up but now says unable to read disc refer to the manual balbal.
does it have something to do with the cios thing or iso whatever? or is it just the disc? thanks appreciate it.
smile.gif

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
raulpica said:
Probably your Wii drive laser is dying.

Try using quality DVDs, like Taiyo Yuden's and Verbatim's.

That should alleviate the issue.
its not the laser ;-)

its the bca protection. get yourself a new modchip that supports it like wiikey fusion or something.

VoltManEXE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, no, not really. Why don't you just softmod it? Get the Homebrew Channel, and run NeoGamma with cIOS 249. (of course, I know nothing about modchipped Wii's, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

ciuino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It is not the chip, but the software that blocks the Wii games false reading, I also had the same problem I solved by playing with the hard disc ... : (

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
alphatrap said:
hey guys i have a modded wii not sure of what mod chip but i can update it via nintendo and it'd be fine.

so what im having trouble is i don't know if it's the wii or the game cuz i'd burn a game on a dvd and it'd work fine but then when i play certain games it'd work but some won't.
like im playing MH3 now it's working like an original copy right, but then it says unable to read disc on games like SMG2 then old games that used to work fine starts up but now says unable to read disc refer to the manual balbal.
does it have something to do with the cios thing or iso whatever? or is it just the disc? thanks appreciate it.
smile.gif

I had this issue with some games a while back and for me it was down to dodgy discs, the game would work for a bit then unable to read disc, turn wii off etc etc, a point tho sometimes it is the laser cant read specific disc, I had an original copy of twilight princess, and my wii only 2-3months old would not read the disc, and then I actually knocked it slightly and then the disc loaded haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one