1. johnsanc

johnsanc Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @aphirst Which game caused the weird unscrubbing scenario you described?

2. aphirst

aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

United Kingdom
    It was specifically the PAL release of No More Heroes 2. I really have no idea what I did to my original rip way back when. I can't work out how to produce a dump like I got before, so I'm kind of gobsmacked that it turned out to be possible to "massage" it back to equivalence with another fresh CleanRip copy, despite initial incorrect results from WUU.

If you're interested, I can post some checksums or xdelta3 information? I'd have to regenerate some of it, since my working folder has become a bit of a mess.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  3. nanook

nanook GBAtemp Regular

The new Unscrubber will be released within a week that has all H3 bugs fixed. It can restore every non corrupt image. Stay tuned...

4. nanook

nanook GBAtemp Regular

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    johnyept and ca032769 like this.
  5. johnyept

johnyept Newbie
    Newcomer

Portugal
    Many thanks for the new tool! I haven't used Ultimate Unscrubber for a while, so yesterday it was crashing on me every time I tried to use it, either in Windows 10 x64 or in Windows 8.1 x86 (the error is most probably between the keyboard and the chair).
    NKit v1.4 however worked flawlessly, it rebuilt the ISO from the WBFS and it picked up the correct partition on the first try! Was it luck or does this new tool know the correct update partition to use?

6. FancyNintendoGamer567

FancyNintendoGamer567 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Probably the latter.

7. nanook

nanook GBAtemp Regular

WUU would write the first update partition recovery file it found in the folder if the source image was missing one. It would then use the CRCs to deduce the correct one, and convert the full iso again. NKit copies the source image then just patches in the correct update partition at the end.

johnyept likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Unscrubber, Ultimate,