Hacking Wii U update problem sysCheck

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc he replaced vIOS36 but it still couldnt update, so he replaced every bugged vIOS with a vanilla one from mine. simply an "install -> update attempt" process
Yes those complete steps would be helpful.
Do you know if it was just limited to vIOS or did other titles need to be updated or changed?
Like the SysMenu or e-manual or cios?

HunterMK8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes those complete steps would be helpful.
Do you know if it was just limited to vIOS or did other titles need to be updated or changed?
Like the SysMenu or e-manual or cios?
In his situation, he only needed Region-Free system files (i.e. the vIOS.) The System Menu was altered by patching over the bugged vIOS80 with the vanilla one. The cIOS were unaffected and had no effect during the install, system check, and update process.
The vIOS that were sent were from a 5.5.1U system. As he had only required the 4.0.0 vIOSes, this caused an "overupdate" situation. This did not affect the process due to IOS update checks being implemented for the Wii, carried to vWii.

tl;dr only vIOSes were altered.

EDIT: do you want a guide or just a explanation to what happened?

Reactions: Bug_Checker_

GoHomeMate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iirc he replaced vIOS36 but it still couldnt update, so he replaced every bugged vIOS with a vanilla one from mine. simply an "install -> update attempt" process
read the thread he replaced only vIOS 36 it fixed all the others aswell.

EDIT : it is not the first time i see this happen, and don't undervalue my comments because of my post number i used to have another account lol

Last edited by GoHomeMate,

GoHomeMate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
considering the fact that it was me pming him through the process, i think i know what happened. :/
can provide pm logs if you wish to continue this further

look what he wrote :

Okay iv installe vIOS36 and thats how raports look, got raport for vIOS36 because if i try all iv got error msg with fat system problem at end of raport. Iv looket ad vISO37 and looks same as 36 (No patches)

i do not want to continue this further or whatever man, the only thing i'm saying is that i believe vIOS 36 was the only one at fault as i have seen this happen many times, i only want people to try only vIOS 36 at first if they troubleshoot it seems to be the main problem in this situation (when the log say all the vIOS are trucha bugged after vIOS 36

anyway maybe he will come around and tell us exactly what he did

edit : after installing vIOS 36, he looked at his vIOS 37 and it wasn't trucha bugged anymore (like in the first syschek), i just thought it was worth pointing out

Last edited by GoHomeMate,

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In his situation, he only needed Region-Free system files (i.e. the vIOS.) The System Menu was altered by patching over the bugged vIOS80 with the vanilla one. The cIOS were unaffected and had no effect during the install, system check, and update process.
The vIOS that were sent were from a 5.5.1U system. As he had only required the 4.0.0 vIOSes, this caused an "overupdate" situation. This did not affect the process due to IOS update checks being implemented for the Wii, carried to vWii.

tl;dr only vIOSes were altered.

EDIT: do you want a guide or just a explanation to what happened?

I was looking for a complete enough explanation to help others.
I recalled that there was a problem with SysCheck not functioning properly.
So, I assumed there were additional steps not included in this thread. So, any additional information would be helpful. Thanks.

Last edited by Bug_Checker_,

HunterMK8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking for a complete enough explanation to help others.
I recalled that there was a problem with SysCheck not functioning properly.
So, I assumed there were additional steps not included in this thread. So, any additional information would be helpful. Thanks.
sleep is good, sorry.
the thing with syscheck not working properly was because whenever he checked vIOS56, it wouldnt write out to the SD Card. on top of that, he still couldn't update. so he installed the rest of the IOSes (37-80) and it all worked and he was able to update to 5.5.1E

Reactions: Bug_Checker_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-