Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
If you're actually serious about "Piracy Is Wrong" then remove that image from LotR that you have and use a royalty free picture.
Copyright and piracy is two thing different, like retail and digital. I can use any picture I/we want as long as I do not make profit out of it.

Pip'

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk that's maybe, 4-5 billion in sales? What percent in profit do you think they turn per console? 10% would be $400,000,000 just in console sales alone. I doubt it cost that much to develop the Wii U. So as much as you can say Nintendo screwed they're in the black just from hardware.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Copyright and piracy is two thing different, like retail and digital. I can use any picture I/we want as long as I do not make profit out of it.

Pip'
You're pirating a picture as you simply took it away without paying for a licence to use and for fuck sake, 'One Piece Unlimited World Red' does have physical releases so I'm done with your bullshit of "DIGITAL ONLY".

I won't be responding to any of your comments as they're troll-baits and insisting on stuff that you've already been proven wrong.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
You're pirating a picture as you simply took it away without paying for a licence to use and for fuck sake, 'One Piece Unlimited World Red' does have physical releases so I'm done with your bullshit of "DIGITAL ONLY".

I won't be responding to any of your comments as they're troll-baits and insisting on stuff that you've already been proven wrong.
Let's just agree that I'm better than both of you, and leave it at that. ;)

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
1. People argue the most common thing about Nintendo, which is making new IP or stop remilking the same games, but while fans think that's the main problem it's really not.
When you Look at top Clothing, Electronic companies, what is the main key that they're selling? Yeah that's right Design, and Performance, and Nintendo doesn't really acknowledge
those two things (It's actually 3 but we'll get to that later).

2. I don't understand Nintendo sometimes, although I love Nintendo some of the stuff I say seems hateful when in reality it's not, it's factual. In addition, what about the previous consoles they made? Yeah almost every Nintendo console is a flawed gem (excluding Wii?), and that's why true fans like them, they seem to recognize what it truly is now I think, It's kinda acting upon an Independent route and not following the power house route. What I'm trying to say is Nintendo trying to be that Dreamcast that we've been missing? Nintendo has a large library of many fun games that we enjoy, but the only real success comes out of Nintendo is their great handhelds. I talk about Design and performance, but if they're trying to head that route on purpose, forget what I just said. It's kinda funny/silly that I even said that, but I really don't know what's going on with Nintendo direction.

3. When I first heard about next-gen, I was really excited for the future of gaming, when people seen the PS4, and Xbox One what did computer fans think? “They're finally catching up finally” next you see Non computer gamers talk about it and say "Man this look so realistic" but while you see the Wii U, Nintendo fans love it, but when it all comes down to excluding Nintendo fans, and Computer fans, we're all like what?

4. I love how Nintendo tried to once again stay in their own lane, and see how it goes, but that didn't go so well for them. What really has me wondering is how could you try to pull the Wii all over again? Although it was successful, why would you do it again and you know that people have been waiting for next-gen on consoles? That is the most silliest thing I've seen with Nintendo, yeah graphics don't matter, but it IS recommended to be apart of the gaming family tree such as Microsoft or Sony.

5.You see It lacks third party support because it has drawbacks (Which I listed above) to make you not even want to talk about it, The Wii U has earned the title Lord Voldermort in that sense and I hate it. The Wii U is a good console, but It lacks the Design, Performance and Name. I saw a Wii U commercial and my cousin thought it was an add-on? That's kinda scary if your'e a fan (which it is to me).

vahnx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Titles that didn't save the N64 or the Gamecube will not save the Wii U and chances for multiplatform games on the Wii U shrunk to zero ages ago. If you only have Nintendo games in your repertoire, only Nintendo fans will invest in the system - variety is key. Nintendo needs to get their heads out of their asses and make a system that appeals to everybody, not just their little fan club.

Yes, let's make the Wii U 2 a system with lots of variety. I wanna see Call of Duty, Far Cry, Borderlands, Titanfall, Destiny etc. on the next system! Surely the Wii U 2 will stand out amongst all it's competitors with a lineup of quality first person shooters!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, let's make the Wii U 2 a system with lots of variety. I wanna see Call of Duty, Far Cry, Borderlands, Titanfall, Destiny etc. on the next system! Surely the Wii U 2 will stand out amongst all it's competitors with a lineup of quality first person shooters!

So you'd rather have your system "stand out" by having absolutely nothing than be in line with industry standards?

Also since when did first person shooters determine the quality of a console? Hell I loved Destiny and I liked the first Borderlands, I'd want my console to have those titles.

It's sad when you'd rather tote around your shitty special snowflake console with no games than buy a console that actually gets games (and good ones at that) because it's "mainstream."

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Please don't play the clueless fanboy card, you and I both know that there's nothing standing in the way of having both good exclusive titles and multiplatform games. There's no excuse for releasing sub-par hardware nobody wants to develop for and creating a toxic development environment due to which nobody wants to cooperate with you. When exactly did "good first party titles" and "having third-party support" become two mutually exclusive qualities? That, and for the love of God, not another "Wii" console - Nintendo has to bury the Wii, the Wii is dead, long live whatever new name they pick for their future home console.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I know you're just being sarcastic but those FPS games you listed are actually pretty damn good and even more so when played online. I'm hoping that Titanfall 2 has an offline story mode and a mode that's just robots going against each other.

One thing that I know is that I'll probably skip Nintendo when they release their next home console unless it has proper quality exclusives and third party support.

I hate to keep bringing this up but Wii U got New Super Luigi U and the 3DS with Luigi's Dark Moon? That's utter bullshit! New Super Luigi U isn't even a real Luigi game, it's just a slightly harder New Super Mario Bros. U. God damn you, Nintendo.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I really don't understand why people get so defensive over this, nobody's ragging on Nintendo's exclusives, if you like them then more power to you, play them to your heart's content. Thing is, their systems could be much, much better and could have a broader appeal if only Nintendo followed industry standards and designed systems third-parties actually want to invest in. You might not be interested in mainstream games, but the average Joe is. Nintendo's small fanclub will still buy Nintendo's consoles for the 30-odd first party titles they'll manage to develop for them regardless of whether the systems are good or not and they'll be happy with what they get, but they could be so much more than that - they could have broad appeal. If you're happy to sit on the sidelines with your exclusives that's fine, but Nintendo as a corporation should at least attempt making mainstream systems that everyone would want to buy, not just their devout fans.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I really don't understand why people get so defensive over this, nobody's ragging on Nintendo's exclusives, if you like them then more power to you, play them to your heart's content. Thing is, their systems could be much, much better and could have a broader appeal if only Nintendo followed industry standards and designed systems third-parties actually want to invest in. You might not be interested in mainstream games, but the average Joe is. Nintendo's small fanclub will still buy Nintendo's consoles for the 30-odd first party titles they'll manage to develop for them regardless of whether the systems are good or not and they'll be happy with what they get, but they could be so much more than that - they could have broad appeal. If you're happy to sit on the sidelines with your exclusives that's fine, but Nintendo as a corporation should at least attempt making mainstream systems that everyone would want to buy, not just their devout fans.

Even for the fans Nintendo hasn't been doing much of a good job but instead stabbing us in the back with products that are literally impossible (Gold Mario -- You could always just spray paint the standard Mario amiibo) or hard to get (Shulk, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Little Mac, Villager, Rosalina, Pit, etc).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Even for the fans Nintendo hasn't been doing much of a good job but instead stabbing us in the back with products that are literally impossible (Gold Mario -- You could always just spray paint the standard Mario amiibo) or hard to get (Shulk, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Little Mac, Villager, Rosalina, Pit, etc).
Let's not fool ourselves, Amiibos as a concept are just a means to get loads of money real quick, it's Nintendo's equivalent of Skylanders, aka "Physical DLC" - little plastic figurines that unlock content that's in the game already anyways. Fortunately they're at least fun to collect - my girlfriend and I have several of'em. They're exactly what the company needed to dig themselves out of a hole they dug under themselves a few years back, they'll get them through the rough Wii U patch.

vahnx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please don't play the clueless fanboy card, you and I both know that there's nothing standing in the way of having both good exclusive titles and multiplatform games. There's no excuse for releasing sub-par hardware nobody wants to develop for and creating a toxic development environment due to which nobody wants to cooperate with you. When exactly did "good first party titles" and "having third-party support" become two mutually exclusive qualities? That, and for the love of God, not another "Wii" console - Nintendo has to bury the Wii, the Wii is dead, long live whatever new name they pick for their future home console.

Nintendo has always been like that and does not need to change. I was worried when they launched with ZombieU that they were going to go all "we're mainstream" but they seem to have turned it around by sticking to it's roots. Do they need more original IPs? Definitely. But I don't have an issue with them milking Mario, Zelda etc. and leaving the Call of Duty's for the "grown up" gaming boxes.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nintendo has always been like that and does not need to change. I was worried when they launched with ZombieU that they were going to go all "we're mainstream" but they seem to have turned it around by sticking to it's roots. Do they need more original IPs? Definitely. But I don't have an issue with them milking Mario, Zelda etc. and leaving the Call of Duty's for the "grown up" gaming boxes.
What are you on about? The NES and the SNES were the go-to platforms for third-party development, in many ways more so than the Master System (which suffered from stingy SEGA licensing terms) and at least as much as the Genesis/Mega Drive. Nintendo's handhelds still are the go-to systems for third-party, in fact. This problem is only present on Nintendo's home consoles and only from the N64 onwards when Nintendo stopped following standards and decided to be awkward on purpose (cartridges when everybody else is using optical media, no DVD/BluRay support, no built-in HDD and many other bizarre design choices they've made over the years). They're not "sticking to their roots" unless you mean to say that inadequate hardware is their roots, which is false.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Call of Duty doesn't hinder Nintendo quality or any other quality for that matter. It's more options for more gamers. It's not like Call of Duty hits and Nintendo goes "Well, guess we're not making Mario anymore." At most it shifts release dates but any big name game does that, and Call of Duty is a dwindling franchise anyway.

Mainstream and quality aren't mutually exclusive.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
What are you on about? The NES and the SNES were the go-to platforms for third-party development, in many ways more so than the Master System (which suffered from stingy SEGA licensing terms) and at least as much as the Genesis/Mega Drive. Nintendo's handhelds still are the go-to systems for third-party, in fact. This problem is only present on Nintendo's home consoles and only from the N64 onwards when Nintendo stopped following standards and decided to be awkward on purpose (cartridges when everybody else is using optical media, no DVD/BluRay support, no built-in HDD and many other bizarre design choices they've made over the years). They're not "sticking to their roots" unless you mean to say that inadequate hardware is their roots, which is false.

Doesn't the Wii U have SSD for the 8/32GB storage space? That's even better than HDDs but being limited to such a small quantity of space and unable to install the game data on it just isn't all that useful.

Games on the Wii U certainly would have been far better if the damn system had "Install Game Data" to make those tediously long loading screens be quicker.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Doesn't the Wii U have SSD for the 8/32GB storage space? That's even better than HDDs but being limited to such a small quantity of space and unable to install the game data on it just isn't all that useful.

Games on the Wii U certainly would have been far better if the damn system had "Install Game Data" to make those tediously long loading screens be quicker.
The Wii U doesn't have an SSD drive, it has 8/32GB non-swappable FLASH memory, which is not the same thing. 8/32GB is a pitiful amount of storage in this day and age, the system should've been released with a SATA bay or at least a swappable internal drive. An external USB HDD fixes the issue somewhat, but due to the fact that it's not Nintendo-branded hardware, it might be confusing to the less technologically-inclined users. As such, developers aim for their games to work on the bare minimum specs of the system, which is 8GB. This causes issues during development, see here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn