Wii U System Reset 5.3.2

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Lastairbend, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Lastairbend
    OP

Lastairbend Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    Will deleting all the content on the Wii U and factory resetting the console force me to update/connect to the internet during setup?

2. rufuszombot

rufuszombot Assassin

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    The Moon
    It can't make you connect to the internet if you don't have it. Just don't set it up.

3. Lastairbend
    OP

Lastairbend Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    Yeah I just tried to delete all content and it requires an internet connection :/ I'll probably just delete the previous owner's accounts and data then

4. rufuszombot

rufuszombot Assassin

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    The Moon
    If you do a system restore it'll revert back to new, and it won't make you to connect to the internet, but it'll suggest it.

5. Lastairbend
    OP

Lastairbend Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    When I selected delete everything to system restore the system it attempted to connect to the internet and told me no connection was found, I didn't see an option to system restore without connecting to the internet in general

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    n the 3DS it just needs a internet connection to unlink the NNID, but it doesn't force update, there was a bit of paranoia about the sudden "internet required" part, but it was fine and its only required to unlink the NNID.....i presume its the same with the wiiu

7. iQue

iQue GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2013
    I did have a used Wii U console at one point, and formatted it (no NNID on it) ...It also prompted me to connect to the internet?? No idea why??
    I'm pretty sure I just unplugged my router from the internet, and then allowed the used Wii U console to connect to my router and it formatted fine.