Hacking Wii U - Save Files Compilation

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a wii version of Super Mario Sluggers 100% save? All the saves I found online are not 100%. This is for the actual wii and not for the Wii U VC (I have no idea if the game is even on there or not).

I don't know if this is the right thread to post, but if there's a dedicated Wii saves page I'll post to that too.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii u vc and wii use the same save from the virtual wii nand. it's the same on the wii as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you might be able to get a 100% save on gamefaqs. they have saves on there. you need to install via data.bin in the private folder for their saves as that's the official way. if it's a different region, use save manager gx to decrypt the save. using hex isn't exactly reliable because when I did this for someone before, there was some free space between slots.

this is when I managed to get a Japanese save of chocobo's dungeon to work on either European or American. I managed to do it. I also did it for one of the wii fit games, European to American I believe, with a copy protected save, which save manager gx can get rid of.

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii u vc and wii use the same save from the virtual wii nand. it's the same on the wii as well.

you might be able to get a 100% save on gamefaqs. they have saves on there. you need to install via data.bin in the private folder for their saves as that's the official way. if it's a different region, use save manager gx to decrypt the save. using hex isn't exactly reliable because when I did this for someone before, there was some free space between slots.
That's good to hear they're compatible (if I understand that correctly lol).

I tried gamefaqs and non of the saves are 100%. There's a save file that says it is, but I checked and it doesn't even have all the star characters :/

I checked various websites and it seems they use all the same incomplete save. Does anyone have a 100% save by any chance?

And I'm still thankful for the chocobo dungeon save. Thanks again for doing that :)

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, yeah, that was you. lol :D I recognize the avatar now. I guess the best you can do is do what you're doing -- asking here. I figured out how to get emulator and flash cart saves to work with at least the ds, possibly others too. where Nintendo fucked up is not encrypting the saves to begin with.

Reactions: RedRose30

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, yeah, that was you. lol :D I recognize the avatar now. I guess the best you can do is do what you're doing -- asking here. I figured out how to get emulator and flash cart saves to work with at least the ds, possibly others too. where Nintendo fucked up is not encrypting the saves to begin with.
I'll continue to ask around here to see if anyone has one. I 100% the GC version myself years ago, so I'm hoping I can simply find a save instead of doing it myself again.

Nintendo seems terrible at preventing people from messing around with saves XD

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sony may be worse. those saves are encrypted. I got banned on the ps3 several years ago, and only finally got a new account and saves migrated to it a few months ago on the ps4 via account activator and save mounter.

I tried to help someone on psx place with that issue, not banned, but he formatted his hdd. I did as well, but in both instances, we had the saves from exporting. I tried to explain to him how to fix it, but he thought it was too complicated. it's not hard, but it is a kinda a pita, because you can only do one save, one slot, at a time when mounting saves.

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sony may be worse. those saves are encrypted. I got banned on the ps3 several years ago, and only finally got a new account and saves migrated to it a few months ago on the ps4 via account activator and save mounter.

I tried to help someone on psx place with that issue, not banned, but he formatted his hdd. I did as well, but in both instances, we had the saves from exporting. I tried to explain to him how to fix it, but he thought it was too complicated. it's not hard, but it is a kinda a pita, because you can only do one save, one slot, at a time when mounting saves.
When it comes to hacking that's more complicated, I have a hard time with that too. I can get the very basics of it, but when it comes to creating cheat codes or modifying things, that confuses me.

I wouldn't mind learning at some point though, esp with cheat codes. It'll be great if I could simply create cheats codes instead of asking others for help.

CtrlAltDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Does anyone know of a Smash save that works with the newest update?
I've searched the internet for a month, tried the ones posted on the first page, still can't make it work.

eesc94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a Smash save that works with the newest update?
I've searched the internet for a month, tried the ones posted on the first page, still can't make it work.
Hey, I posted a workaround to make the smash saves work with the newest update on page 52 of this thread. You might want to give it a try. :)

Reactions: CORE

boyscout123

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello. I am trying to restore the save game ZombiU with the program. And I noticed that the save game differs in format from my save. I restored the save from this page and the game does not see it.

Scarecrow B

ScrapTown
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello. I am trying to restore the save game ZombiU with the program. And I noticed that the save game differs in format from my save. I restored the save from this page and the game does not see it.
Try making a backup of your current save and then copy and overwrite the files from the save you downloaded over your original save folder, then restore that save to your wiiu

boyscout123

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Different formats saves. I have already uploaded saves to wiiu, the game does not see them.

upload_2021-2-5_22-16-27.png
upload_2021-2-5_22-17-53.png

Last edited by boyscout123,

Scarecrow B

ScrapTown
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

ABCA4

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hello everyone!

I am trying to use save files for Mario Kart 8 in Cemu. I looked up the log file and the save folder for the game is cemu_1.22.6\mlc01\usr\save\00050000. I have downloaded the save file from the first page of this thread which contains two folders: "80000001" and "common". I see similar folders in the save subfolder ...\00050000\1010ed00\user. But if I replace these folders by the ones I downloaded and launch the game, nothing is unlocked.

Can anyone point me where I made a mistake?

Thanks in advance!

Scarecrow B

ScrapTown
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello everyone!

I am trying to use save files for Mario Kart 8 in Cemu. I looked up the log file and the save folder for the game is cemu_1.22.6\mlc01\usr\save\00050000. I have downloaded the save file from the first page of this thread which contains two folders: "80000001" and "common". I see similar folders in the save subfolder ...\00050000\1010ed00\user. But if I replace these folders by the ones I downloaded and launch the game, nothing is unlocked.

Can anyone point me where I made a mistake?

Thanks in advance!
A quick google search returned this for moving saves from console to CEMU:
"In CEMU's general settings , there should be an option that points to the MLC path. The saves are inside this folder. For example for me its : D:\Games\CEMU 1.12.0\mlc01\usr\save\00050000\101c9400\user\80000001\0 and inside this folder i have game_data.sav. Anything under the 80000001 folder are files related to zelda saves , including the pictures you took in game."

You might want to do some more digging on how CEMU formats its saves.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 80000001 folder is a profile folder. some games use common saves which are in a folder named common without the profile folder. I think those are usable with any profile. kirby and yoshi on the wii u are two such games.

PlantedWave5190

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a request: Can someone please upload a 100% save file of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U using the latest update (Ver. 1.1.7)? I'm looking for an NTSC-U save.

Oh! I forgot to tell you one vital thing; before importing Virtual Console saves, make sure that once you've booted up the game and created a save file, turn your Wii U console OFF. This way, it will prevent the Virtual Console from creating a suspend point. I remembered last night I restored my Super Mario World VC save using the SaveMii mod and didn't realize I had a suspend point. So to make sure this mistake never happens again, make sure you turn your Wii U console off instead of exiting the game via the HOME Menu.

Anyways, here is my Super Mario Bros. Virtual Console save. This save includes a restore point that will take you to World 8-1. (This save is for the NTSC-U version of the game.) Alongside that, here are my two DS saves imported to the Wii U Virtual Console format. They are both Mario games and are 100% completed. (These games are New Super Mario Bros. and Mario Party DS.)

Attachments

• Super Mario Bros. (USA) - Restore Point to World 8-1.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Mario Party DS (USA) - 100% Complete.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 75
  • New Super Mario Bros. (USA) - 100% Complete.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 120
Last edited by PlantedWave5190,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.