the butthurt in this thread
swarmingwithfanboys.png

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok here's the real reason: today's gen have mainly been bought up on shooters and are all one track minded if the console doesn't have a lot of games with BIG guns and MAD HUGE explosions or BIG cg tits in your face they don't classify it as HARDCORE :creep:

Except they don't but whatever, that strawman is getting some hard blows.

Reactions: Foxi4 and Gahars

AkiroWolfman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every console is bound to have it's ups and downs. I'm not too worried about getting a WiiU yet. I'm gonna get one soon as they bring out Zelda, Mario Kart and Smash Bros Wii U

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Except that game wasn't bad.
Ha! Ha ha! Wait... You're serious...? Okay.

It was the Gamecube equivalent of Other M, except it had less to do with the franchise it represented, being a different game entirely during development and all that. All it succeeded in was spawning Krystal hentai. :tpi:

D

Dork

Ha! Ha ha! Wait... You're serious...? Okay.

It was the Gamecube equivalent of Other M, except it had less to do with the franchise it represented, being a different game entirely during development and all that. All it succeeded in was spawning Krystal hentai. :tpi:

0/10

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Exhibit A, ladies and gentlemen.
Exhibit B: monomania :rolleyes:
ok here's the real reason: today's gen have mainly been bought up on shooters and are all one track minded if the console doesn't have a lot of games with BIG guns and MAD HUGE explosions or BIG cg tits in your face they don't classify it as HARDCORE :creep:
Except they don't but whatever, that strawman is getting some hard blows.
Foghorn-Leghorn-Thats-a-joke-son-You-missed-it-Flew-right-by-ya.jpg

Oh that's right I forgot you are incapable of humor

DarkCrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Last time Team Twiizers checked there were aprox. 500,000 Homebrew Channel installations worldwide and not all of those are pirates - those are the people who'd be interested in a hacked WiiU. I suppose there are also harmod users, but they're in a minority and most of them also have Homebrew Channel. If you call that skyrocketing, Nintendo truly is doomed.
Not sure where you've pulled that statistic from, but the last (over 12 months ago) officially released number of HBC installations was over 3.1 million unique wiis (not including offline installs and pre-1.0.8 HBC installs that didn't upgrade) - at the time, that was 3.4% of all wiis sold. The current total number of HBC installs is actually over 4.5M, nearly double the amount of wiiUs sold to date (according to VGChartz).

tronic307

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii brand is a victim of its own popularity and as such, the Wii U name is a curse. The Wii gimmick started out so strong that everybody was like "Wii this", and "Wii that", and it has just become this monotonous fad that no one wants to be associated with ever again. The GamePad is the answer to a question that, quite frankly, no one thought or even cared to ask. As a novelty, the GamePad starts off about as weak as the Wiimote has become, but on the plus side, at least no one is so fed up with it yet that they want to throw it through their television screen, except maybe Nintendo.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually can't believe the Wii U's link to Lovefilm...they're now really pushing it again, although it's link to the Wii is still present.

ipqL30X.png

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing is, will Xbox 720/PS4 get the same reception? Super high price when people already have Xbox 360 and PS3 which are good enough already. Maybe, maybe not.

"Super high price".

Please tell me your secret insider sources.

I expect the Xbox 720/PS4 to be around $400-$500, which is fine. It's not trying to capture what the Wii did, it's trying to be like current gen consoles, which did very well. Aiming for a gaming hobbyist whose willing to pay more for advanced tech and getting all the games that cater to them is exactly what they're doing, not trying to get every Wii owner to buy a new console. Considering the Wii did have quite a diminishing return (hell I know a lot of people with Wiis and the thing is basically useless to them now), I don't see this being the "Wii 2.0". As was said earlier, I see it doing better than the Gamecube but not by a ton.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A console selling at a premium price with hardware inside thats about 5 or 6 years out of date doesn't sell shock horror......

Finally, consumers voting with their wallets for a change.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Not sure where you've pulled that statistic from, but the last (over 12 months ago) officially released number of HBC installations was over 3.1 million unique wiis (not including offline installs and pre-1.0.8 HBC installs that didn't upgrade) - at the time, that was 3.4% of all wiis sold. The current total number of HBC installs is actually over 4.5M, nearly double the amount of wiiUs sold to date (according to VGChartz).
Yup, you're right. I must've been thinking of a different, older blog post.

In any case, 4,5 million still isn't as much as it sounds. Even if we're generous and say it's 6 million, it's still not a massive number of installations and again, hardly skyrocketing. ;)

It's worth to mention that the huge Wii sales can be partially accounted for its low price point - an advantage the WiiU doesn't have.

...is the score a lot of old school StarFox fans would give this game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito: Probably just my imagination