Hacking Wii U - Reinstalling Mii Maker after HBLC install?

Slicker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, is there any way to reinstall Mii Maker on a Wii U after installing the Home Brew Launcher Channel in its place? I installed Haxchi on my Wii U and proceeded to follow this guide re: the HBLC: wiiu.hacks.guide/#/haxchi/installing-hblc.

I've searched around and there doesn't seem to be anyway to do it other than resetting/wiping the Wii U. I do have a NAND backup that I made before installing Haxchi but that doesn't seem to be that helpful with the Wii U in terms of restoring the default state without some hardware modifications.

Thanks.

Slicker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I can't post links yet. Here's the instructions that I followed from that webpage:

This page will install the Homebrew Launcher Channel as an application directly to your Wii U Menu for easy access.

Installing the Homebrew Launcher Channel is optional as you can already launch it by holding the A button while launching Haxchi.
  1. Power on your console.
  2. Launch the Haxchi DS game from the Wii U Menu. This will re-launch the Wii U Menu with CFW activated.
  3. Launch the Haxchi DS game again while holding the A button. This will launch the Homebrew Launcher.
  4. Navigate the Homebrew Launcher and launch the WUP Installer GX2 application.
  5. Use the touchscreen to select Homebrew Launcher Channel. Press Install and confirm with Yes.
  6. Select NAND as the installation destination. This will install the Homebrew Launcher Channel to the Wii U Menu.
  7. Once the process is finished, press the Home button until you’re back at the Wii U Menu.
  8. You will now see the Homebrew Launcher Channel installed on your Wii U Menu. Keep in mind you will need to launch CFW every reboot to run this channel.

Haxchi replaced Brain Training and HBLC replaced the Mii Maker app. Would like to reverse the HBLC install and get the Mii Maker app back.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did you really replace Mii Maker with another title, or are you just seeing (as intended) the "browser version" of the HBL overlaying the Mii Maker title? (try opening it immediately after booting the console)

Slicker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just checked again this AM and the Mii Maker channel is nowhere to be found on console. If I try to boot HBLC after an immediate restart I get an error message (Error Code 199-9999). If I run Haxchi first then HBLC will load.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1