Wii U Pre-order Roundup (UK)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by McHaggis, Sep 14, 2012.

Sep 14, 2012

Wii U Pre-order Roundup (UK) by McHaggis at 8:43 AM (1,396 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. McHaggis
    OP

Member McHaggis Fackin' Troller

United Kingdom
    Paying my £20 deposit to GAME bit me in the ass today as it turns out retailers are setting their own prices for the consoles instead of sticking with an RRP. Although there's still a chance for them to change the price after they've seen how competitors are pricing the same bundles, I thought I'd make a complete thread for retailers so you can make the best choice for pre-ordering. It's ordered by bundle and price from lowest to highest.

8GB Basic Pack (White)

Sainsbury's Entertainment (£249.99, 10% off with voucher SETENS12R, new customers only)
    ShopTo.net (£247.85)
    Amazon.co.uk (£249.99)
    HMV (£249.99)
    GAME (£259.99)
    Zavvi (£299.99)

32GB Premium Pack (Black)

Sainsbury's Entertainment (£314.99, 10% off with voucher SETENS12R, new customers only)
    ShopTo.net (£296.86)
    Amazon.co.uk (£299.99)
    HMV (£299.99)
    GAME (£309.99)

32GB Premium + ZombiU Bundle (Black)

ShopTo.net (£324.85)
    Amazon.co.uk (£329.99)
    Zavvi (£329.99)
    GAME (£349.99)

If you want me to add any stores to the list, reply with a link and I'll add them. Also, let me know if any prices change, that Zavvi basic model at £299.99 looks suspiciously like an error.

2. rizzod

Member rizzod Not a New Member

Australia
    Just updated my Preorder to.... well.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dceB3SKBw9w#t=9.4s

3. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    32GB Premium + ZombiU Bundle (Black)

cant wait to get my hands on it
    ordered mine from shopto
    i was pissed how the made everyone cancell who had pre-ordered a White but wanted a black
    but they have re-set the pre-orders on Black by taking off the old and adding the 2 new ones so everyone has a chance

i havnt had a problem with them yet
    and if they get console to me early i will be more than pleased

4. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Why the hell are GAME charging £10 more than everywhere else?

Anyhow getting it from GAME may not necessarily be a bad idea...when I got my pre-ordered 3DS XL from GAME, there were quite a few perks that made up for it.

Their reward points scheme rewarded a LOT of points for the console alone. For a £310 system with a 2.5% return, I think you'll earn the equivalent of £7.75 to spend as a discount. They allow you to spend your points in quantities of £2.50, £5.00, £7.50 and so on. You do have to wait a day to redeem your points however.
    Also when I received my 3DS XL, I was also given a £10 off voucher for buying a console.
    So all in all you could expect to have £17.50 of discounts on future purchases at GAME, like on any Wii U games or accessories, or an eShop points card which I'm sure will be valid for the Wii U.

But there's also no promise that you'll get that £10 voucher, I was pleasantly surprised to get that when I received my 3DS XL as is.

Edit: Oh and software pre-orders (not hardware ones) will give you double reward points. So a £50 title at a 5% return would earn you another £2.50 in discounts.

5. McHaggis
    OP

United Kingdom
    They're (currently) ~£20 more expensive for the ZombiU bundle. The reward points is the reason I initially pre-ordered, thinking that there would be an RRP and, with it being so close to Xmas, you wouldn't expect much competitive pricing because the system is all but guaranteed to sell out anyway. GAME and ShopTo.net were the first to get their prices up, so perhaps GAME were just testing the waters. Anyway, I've sent the wench to try and get my deposit back from GAME.

I'll probably pre-order the premium bundle from Amazon, just for the reliability factor.

6. Pong20302000

Japan
  7. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Looking forward to the instore price wars between Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda. They're always cheaper than the online counterparts.

8. McHaggis
    OP

United Kingdom
    There's no button to pre-order yet. I'd wager those prices will change before you can actually pre-order, especially since MVC said that the trade prices are £205 and £246 respectively. Once you add VAT to those, Simply Games would be making a loss.

9. McHaggis
    OP

United Kingdom
    I just saw that Sainsbury's had added a price to the black model, £299.99, so I pre-ordered it with the 10% off voucher code (£269.99). Seconds later, they've put it up to £314.99, but it's still the cheapest if you use the voucher code.

10. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Why can't I find the Zombi bundle on amazon.fr? it's UK exclusive?
    I'm not looking correctly :P
    They didn't put the same picture as the other consoles, and it's called "zumbi"

it's cheaper to buy the Nintendo Land bundle + ZombiU game (420€) than ZombiU bundle+Nintendo Land game (455€) :wtf:

ZombiU bundle: 394,99€
    NintendoLand Bundle: 349.99€

ZombiU: 69.99€
    NintendoLand: 59.99€

The games only have 10€ of differences, why 30€ of difference when buying a different bundle+game?

Does zombi pack have a Classic Controller pro?
    it's not listed on amazon.fr (but it is on co.uk)
    If it does, I'll buy the zombi bundle (the classic pro cost 55€ alone)

11. McHaggis
    OP

United Kingdom
    Wait... I thought the ZombiU bundle came with Nintendo Land? Yes, the ZombiU bundle comes with the classic pro.

12. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    I guess it's amazon which forgot to mention the classic pro U.
    The zombi bundle doesn't have land, you'll have to choose :(

But it'll be zombi pack for me :)

13. Pong20302000

Japan
    dams i didnt know that it was a controller
    thought it included nintendo land hence the price jump

guess i had better pre-order nintendoland also

14. Stewy12

Member Stewy12 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom