Wii U OR Stay

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by petethepug, Jun 3, 2016.

1. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    I been thinking of getting a Wii U ever since 2012 when it was first released. But oviously due to money concerns, and other life issues I could not buy it.

Until 2016 when I got into Wii Modding, and went to conclusion when I installed Homebrew saying "Is it worth buying a Wii U?" I later on did research on reviews, and apart from graphics it was not to great.

So I am wondering from other Tempers here, would it be worth getting a Wii U with these benifits,

- Modding
    - Graphics
    - Internal RAM/CPU/GPU
    - Benifits

Or should I wait for the NX to release hoping that the Wii U will no longer be worth its value once it releases?

2. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 Conniption Master

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    Kernel Version: Linux 4.13.2-1-zen
    In all honesty you should look into building a low-end gaming computer that fits your needs.

petethepug likes this.
  3. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    I already have.
    Use it for Minecraft Mini Games, or Steam Games. But I have already spent $700 USD just on Minecraft Ranks,
    (Old Hypixel MVP+ Rank, Mineplex LEGEND, Hive Emerald Premium.)

I don't want to spend loads of money for PC Optimizations either. Although it is fun it costs a crap ton of money...

hobbledehoy899 likes this.
  4. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I recommend you NOT to buy any of the current generation consoles.
    They are all disappointment. Who know what the NX might be.
    Better use that money to upgrade your gaming PC.

5. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Well going to wait until 2017 then :/. Maybe then I could decide what to do.

Thanks,

hobbledehoy899 likes this.
  6. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 Conniption Master

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    Kernel Version: Linux 4.13.2-1-zen
    You're welcome.

petethepug likes this.
  7. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    I have just witnessed the end of gaming...

vayanui8 likes this.
  8. Catastrophic

Catastrophic Perfectly Normal

Apr 28, 2012
    Somewhere
    I wouldn't call them disappointments. They're just not very progressive. Very little changed from last generation to the next. :wink:

9. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    to be honest, i myself have a day one console November 18 2012, sunday 10:55 am Waited at gamestop to pick up my pre-order bundle, which i invested over $380 as soon as pre orders was available after nintendo direct announced it.

I still have it and play it, only disappointment was the value, That price and all i got was Black color, 32 GB Storage (Which was very foolish) And nintendo land, then learn they dropped the price and bundle it with better games like mario kart, legend of zelda HD, super smash bros, and super mario maker. It pissed me off, there was no compensation no ambassador program like the 3ds had.

Besides that, i feel you shouldn't buy new game consoles hoping to mod them for stuff like homebrew. You have people wwho make emulators, if you really curious about the stuff, buy it cause you feel it is what you would want to be comefortable with, homebrew is something as a after thouht, considering it may not even be possible with every new console takes more effort to prevent it.

Wii u may not have as many suporting developers, but it does offer very quality games, classic playable games from the past and full backwards compatibility, If it's been this long, you could find one for very low price if possible and not feel as bad or disappointed if you dislike it. :)

I agree you should wait for the new one to be release but just consider what i said if you still not sure. :yayu:

10. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Yes you have.
    Those were worth it though when I had different interests lel.

Thanks to all the replies by the way!