Hacking Wii U NOOB PARADISE - Ask & Answer questions here.

skallah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just completed hacking my wiiu and have CBHC running on it. I've loaded a game to USB but the game doesn't seem to see the saves I have for it. Do I need to inject the save somehow into the game to resume?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just completed hacking my wiiu and have CBHC running on it. I've loaded a game to USB but the game doesn't seem to see the saves I have for it. Do I need to inject the save somehow into the game to resume?
Where is your save now? Is on the sysnand? If it is just go into data management and move it to USB

skallah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is your save now? Is on the sysnand? If it is just go into data management and move it to USB

Yes, the save was on my sysnand. I tried to move the save to USB. After I did that I looked in the USB drive in data management and the game is no longer there, just the save file. The game channel is also gone on my system menu.

Looks like best practice should be to move your saves to USB, backup and install your game using disc2app and WUP Installer and then use WUP Y mod to add in any patches/DLC. Finally got this working. Really wish the guide I used would outline this step. Not all of us are hacking the system from factory.

Last edited by skallah,

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can someone please help with discu as i cannot get it to work no matter what i do, i have tried the following command as shown in the tutorial and other but nothing works,

PS C:\Users\home\Desktop\Content> DiscU.exe v-tlzbwr.key v-tlzbwr.wud c

DiscU.exe : The term 'DiscU.exe' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

the part in bold id the command i'm trying, is that correct, don't see why a GUI can't be put together so it's easy for people with no CMD experience.

SAK493

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you installed HaxChi with defaults then it's looking for HBL on the SD. If your Wii U can't read your SD it will give you a minus error.

I'll tell you how I know if my Wii u is reading my SD correctly. It's unconventional but I have to take my SD out of my Wii u all the time and it doesn't always read when I put it back in.

The Homebrew Channel on the vWii side will show you your Wii homebrew apps that are on your SD if it reads it. If it's blank (the Wii U isn't reading the SD), you can take out the SD card and leave the Wii U on and try reinserting it. If the Wii U reads it then all the apps will show up immediately on the HBC menu. The HBL on the Wii U side won't do this. So as soon as I see my vWii homebrew apps show up then I exit the vWii side and do my Wii U stuff. The SD will work now on boot until I pull it out again

Well at one point I removed the private folder on the SD Card and it gave a different error(-3, the private folder has since been put back in and it shows -5 again) so I'm pretty sure that it is reading the SD Card. The homebrew launcher(on web browser) says it can't locate the sdcafiine folder, but as far as I can tell the layout of my SD card is correct.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well at one point I removed the private folder on the SD Card and it gave a different error(-3, the private folder has since been put back in and it shows -5 again) so I'm pretty sure that it is reading the SD Card. The homebrew launcher(on web browser) says it can't locate the sdcafiine folder, but as far as I can tell the layout of my SD card is correct.
It's not always about layouts. Sometimes it has to be reformatted with different cluster size. Sometimes you just need to try a different SD. Whatever the reason, minus errors means it can't find what it's looking for on the SD

SAK493

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not always about layouts. Sometimes it has to be reformatted with different cluster size. Sometimes you just need to try a different SD. Whatever the reason, minus errors means it can't find what it's looking for on the SD

Well I finally got my Haxchi working again! Turns out somehow my files were corrupted, because after redownloading all of the apps and the haxchi folder Haxchi successfully booted up, and now I'm back to the problem I originally had before I got into this mess. I load the SD Cafiine app and then load smash bros and the wii u freezes on the smash loading screen. I've heard of doing something called dumping the game but the tutorial doesn't mention it, is that what I have to do to make the mods load successfully?

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a file explorer that can read/write to the sd card and read, and potentially write, to the NAND? Like GodMode9 for the 3DS.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain what injecting is? Is it installing the game into the home screen?
Well, the general term means to, well, inject a file into another, say if it was a .zip, (you wouldn't actually do this), and it had .bins inside, you would take the bins from one and put it into another. It's like putting something from a file into another. In terms of Wii U, it generally means restoring a save that you've backed up, but I believe it also means to install something to the NAND using something other than Nintendo's provided installers, i.e. WUP Installer GX2.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain what injecting is? Is it installing the game into the home screen?
Injecting means to take a game that can normally be installed on system memory or USB and replace (inject) a different game into the container so it launches that game instead. Mostly used for VC

matruka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello guys,
so i am a beginner in wii u hacking. Just got it some days ago. In fact i already achieved some things.

Updated to 5.5.2; installed Haxchi; installed CBHC; installed Wii U USB Helper; have some working games on my homescreen with WUP GX2 Installer.

Now i have 2 last questions to make my WiiU perfect.

1) What is the right way to install normal Wii or DS Games to my external HDD so that they appear next to my other games on the homescreen. I don't want to use the virtual machine btw. I want to install them like the games i installed before, so i don't have to change modes to launch the wii games. (i have read something about injecting, ... iso's/rom's ...?) so what's the right procedure?

2) How do I install those Games that were only released as cd's like COD? Do i have to borrow them from friends and somehow install them on my HDD? Or can i just download those said Games from the Internet and somehow install them?

Thanks in advance! :) I hope someone is so kind and helps me out^^

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,
so i am a beginner in wii u hacking. Just got it some days ago. In fact i already achieved some things.

Updated to 5.5.2; installed Haxchi; installed CBHC; installed Wii U USB Helper; have some working games on my homescreen with WUP GX2 Installer.

1) What is the right way to install normal Wii or DS Games to my external HDD so that they appear next to my other games on the homescreen. I don't want to use the virtual machine btw. I want to install them like the games i installed before, so i don't have to change modes to launch the wii games. (i have read something about injecting, ... iso's/rom's ...?) so what's the right procedure?

2) How do I install those Games that were only released as cd's like COD? Do i have to borrow them from friends and somehow install them on my HDD? Or can i just download those said Games from the Internet and somehow install them?

I'm not sure exactly if you can install Wii games to the main menu, but I know that here we cannot give details on downloading and installing games off the internet.

Last edited by SirNapkin1334,

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello guys,

I think this is what you want ;) http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/

purplegreendave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used Wii U USB Helper to add some games to my Wii U home screen - Super Paper Mario (Wii) and Super Mario Sunshine (GCN).
Both boot up and play (at least the first few minutes) fine, using the Gamepad for Sunshine and a Wiimote for Paper Mario.

My question is what are my controller options for GCN games? I tried using HID to VPAD with a wired Dualshock 4 which allowed me to navigate the main menu but when I tried to boot Sunshine it seemed to only want to give me the option of gamepad or wiimote + nunchuk? It would be nice to get a controller with analogue triggers working for Sunshine

I'm really just trying to set my system up with as few peripherals as possible. If I could get controllers working I would ideally like to skip vWii modding so I don't need 2 hard drives to play GCN/Wii/Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought I saw a puttie snatch...