DuduMil

Der Hallomann
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
[SOLVED]
So, I tried to put a custom theme on my Wii U, and it didn't work. So, I tried to put back the Original Wii U theme that I made a backup, and it also didn't work. It is stuck on "Wii U Menu" thing.
Can someone help me?

Last edited by DuduMil,

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's highly recommend to not change your theme with ftp has a high brick risk and it appears something messed up can you send a photo and a link to the theme you were using?

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used FTP
Yikes that's risky you probably messed up I'd recommend using SD caffeine next time this is a pretty advanced issue someone smarter than me might know but if nobody can help you id recommend joining the homebrew discord

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's highly recommend to not change your theme with ftp has a high brick risk and it appears something messed up can you send a photo and a link to the theme you were using?

Yikes that's risky you probably messed up I'd recommend using SD caffeine next time this is a pretty advanced issue someone smarter than me might know but if nobody can help you id recommend joining the homebrew discord
But look, I can still access the homebrew launcher, because I have CDHC. I will wait until someone sees this and helps me, this is the first time I mess up with this things

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
but I think I already know why this didn't work, probably these custom themes were made for American Wii U's, and my Wii U is PAL

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But, if there's no solution to this, I'll buy a "new" one, mine is all f*ck*d up, I recently broke my gamepad too, but I can still use it. But still, I'm sad. :(

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But, if there's no solution to this, I'll buy a "new" one, mine is all f*ck*d up, I recently broke my gamepad too, but I can still use it. But still, I'm sad. :(
Dang that sucks man next time is recommend do not using ftp for menu themes it's highly risky instead use sr caffeine and get a custom wara wara plaza which is safer

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it were the case of the themes being region specific, why would the one you backed up not work? you can get the original theme with jnus tool's command line: java jnustool.jar titleid in case you messed up the backup. make sure the bytes from the original files match the ones you've transferred. I've been using a custom theme since like August or September of last year. I ftp'd it over, and I never got a brick. even tested a few other themes and no brick. not sure why so many people are bricking because of this. it's weird. I also play my wii u almost every day, and I've never had a problem with the new theme, with anything.

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
if it were the case of the themes being region specific, why would the one you backed up not work? you can get the original theme with jnus tool's command line: java jnustool.jar titleid in case you messed up the backup. make sure the bytes from the original files match the ones you've transferred. I've been using a custom theme since like August or September of last year. I ftp'd it over, and I never got a brick. even tested a few other themes and no brick. not sure why so many people are bricking because of this. it's weird. I also play my wii u almost every day, and I've never had a problem with the new theme, with anything.
yeah, it's too weird that the backup didn't work, I'll try again soon. And by the way, how do I do that "jnus tool" thing?
By the way, I apologize for being annoying with this sh**

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1644260984313.png

you'll probably change the last 1 to a 2 since you're in Europe. this is downloading the American version.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I just downloaded Europe's, and I hex compared the files. they're identical, so Europe can in fact use an American system's files, so that's not why you bricked apparently.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you just transfer men.pack and men2.pack? check if the file sizes are correct. you can keep trying if you have tiramisu or cbhc. if not, you'd need a hard mod.

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The files have the same size. I have CBHC, I tried 4 times, but it still didn't work. I probably fucked up something I shouldn't

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0LPrmtVWsA