Homebrew Wii U Linux 2020?

CalJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for an answer on what's going on with Wii U Linux. Allot of stuff I find seems to be from 2018ish, just wondering if I wanted to run Linux on Wii U what's the most up-to-date Linux I could run with a GUI and what hardware access would I have? WiFi? GPU? Anybody cracked those yet, I saw the Lubuntu distro, is that still available is there an updated version?

Just asking since I can't see to find much. Thanks in advance

D

Deleted User

Looking for an answer on what's going on with Wii U Linux. Allot of stuff I find seems to be from 2018ish, just wondering if I wanted to run Linux on Wii U what's the most up-to-date Linux I could run with a GUI and what hardware access would I have? WiFi? GPU? Anybody cracked those yet, I saw the Lubuntu distro, is that still available is there an updated version?

Just asking since I can't see to find much. Thanks in advance

Right now problem is: WiiU´s cpu is locked (= runs in user-mode only) in WiiU-mode.
When you run vWii-Linux, you get supervisor-mode unlocked however: No access to AMD-Shaders (GPU), thus no hardware-accelleration & same principle of Wii.

You gotta circumvent WiiU´s cpu-lock (which, knowing Nintendo could lead to overheating/destroying your console, because the console would draw way more energy than allowed for cooling) or be stuck to run anything in vWii-mode. In vWii-mode all 3 cpu-cores are visible & accessible.
It´s not that simple.
And it seems there´s another protection, aka realtime-encryption-filesystem. Which further slows your file

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.