Wii U hacking postion

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by alphaforever, Feb 10, 2015.

1. alphaforever
    OP

alphaforever Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2015
    United States
    hi I am you new to the website and am not very good posting forms, so sorry in advance for any confusion. I have gotten WiIflow and homebrew on my wii couple years ago and so Im somewhat familiar of the process. But I just got a wii u yesterday and was wondering if any of the wii u games were hackable? I've heard people saying that it couldn't be and that you could just get homebrew for wii games only and it would work. I guess my question is have we found any way to hack wii u games through anything?

2. JVC2

JVC2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2014
    Ecuador
    No Wii U games can be played yet,the only thing worked on right now is a kernel exploit,but we still need an IOSU exploit to run "backup" games.

So dont expect playing backups anytime soon.

Margen67 likes this.
  3. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Australia
    Queensland, Australia
    I'll be drawing the line in the sand in june/July. If nothing has been achieved by then I'll be buying all of the games I've been putting off.

c4p0 likes this.
  4. doctorfedora

doctorfedora Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2006
    United States
    Why not just, you know, buy them now? It's not as though piracy is a virtue or something.

gcunit, digipimp75 and pokeparadox like this.
  5. Goku Junior

Goku Junior GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Well, I would love piracy for Wii U (Don't think I'm a motherfucking asshole, is only because Nintendo don't consider Latin America as a market, so It's not a problem for them having no sales here.), Marcan stated (when the Wii U common-key got relased) that warez (piracy) will come in like 6 mounths, but I don't think it will be that easy (unless he develop a Backup Loader)

c4p0, Fpsrussia117, Kelton2 and 2 others like this.
  6. JVC2

JVC2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2014
    Ecuador
    Goku Junior Piracy always comes from a market that games are just too damn expensive(See brazil/latin america that pays hefty taxes),I am in the same situation welcoming piracy,but at the same time when I go to the united states I buy all my games since I dont need to be filthy rich to get them.

If marcan said in 6 months,either he is going to develop such a loader or knows who needed/wanted to research the keys and will contribute to it.

7. TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth :P

Marcan won't be developing something like that. No doubt he could IF he wanted to, but he's made it pretty clear he wants nothing to do with Wii or Wii U iso loading. If he did him and his team (FKA Team Twizzers) would've been the first to develop a backup loader for the original Wii. They would've beat Waninkoko to the punch by a large margin, but they have no interest in such things.

A software based solution will come along eventually. I'm still wondering what's going to happen with the Wiikey U since the main dev behind it left XD. I know Team Cobra's still kicking around and working on their ODE for the Wii U.....

JVC2 likes this.
  8. JVC2

JVC2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2014
    Ecuador
    TeamScriptKiddies I did not know that,thanks for clearing up that information.​
    On the Wii U ODE,isnt there a user here(garyopa) that talked on the matter?​
    A quote from this user:​

9. TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth :P
    Idk if hes still around anymore.mm

10. JVC2

JVC2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2014
    Ecuador
    It seems like the user is still around,might go for a try.

garyopa Do you have any new info on the Wii U ODE?

11. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Lol, telling people not to pirate on a former piracy site.

JVC2 likes this.
  12. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    It's the same here in the US, especially with shops that make a business out of selling used games *cough GameStop cough*. Honestly, you just have to know where to look. EBay is a good resource, used game stores (NOT chain stores, independently owned places), and the likes are good places to look for cheap Wii/GameCube games (my sister got me a copy of Mario Sunshine from a thrift store for $5 for my birthday, for example :P)

TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  13. JVC2

JVC2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2014
    Ecuador
    No,its not.

That is because you have the resources to buy so wherever you would like and you recieve the face value,in latin american countries this is not the case,new games here go for twice the amount than in the states and used games for the retail price or more only because it has been taken care of(WTF).

Thats why i love USA,all stuff you can get for a good price and have sites like ebay to buy.

14. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Yeah, I can certainly understand that. I assume that you don't have access to eBay or any similar online auction sites for cheaper used games?

15. JVC2

JVC2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2014
    Ecuador

We could buy and import from online sites,the issue isnt paying for shipping but customs charge us the tax and add the delay that comes with it as well.
    That is why people just go to the states and buy all they want to a certain limit.

Also piracy is almost our only universal gaming way because of this issue,confront someone here about playing some games for the Wii/PS3 for cheap(piracy) and they will tell you where is the closest store you can go for it.

The goberment doesnt care as long as you pay taxes from the income from it(If your store of course is small).

TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  16. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Why would you want to pay money for something that you like! It's nuts!

TheZander and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  17. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I would normally agree, but when it comes to the poorer/tighter on shipping tax countries, I can understand why piracy would be supported

Kelton2 and JVC2 like this.